• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Mel-Trac T660

RAYS

Occupation
self employed jack of all trades
SHAWN

Just happen to look in here. Been couple years just got to mine again, never did sort out linkage on mine. Currently trying to install 1435 case joysticks. How does yours steer ? what number is yours ? mines 0046. Read somewhere they made about 130 units.
Happy to provide copy of what I have for manuals. Not sure if we can correspond here on forum. ( I usually just read ) here's my e-mail rays112@juno.com

RAY

STRSKILLZ

Not sure what number it is when we bought it only had one metal plate that fell off and can't seem to find it. As far as the steering has one joystick I guess you could call it that is center of the machine in the cab. I'm gonna try and post some pics this weekend after I get done pressure washing it. As far as the manual goes you think there is anyway you can scan them and email it to me? Strskillz@yahoo.com

RAYS

Occupation
STRSKILLZ

I'm not to computer smart so will get daughter onto the 660 manual soon.

Would like to see pic's of yours. have a few of mine and will send/ post pic's of the work I do on mine as I go if you like.

What kind of issues do you have with yours ?
Mine are steering and loader controls, bad bearing in center drive gear box (minor fix I hope) , and ejector cylinder missing.
Actually goes really good, very stable , and seems to have lots of power.
I have a 125 john deere , 1835 case, and a 1200 Thomas - just bought 2 1845 case skid steers FRI. along with a ton of parts and 3 tree spades. Not sure why to good deal to pass on.

Would like to find other 660 owners to get more info.
I contacted Steve Kole ( I think one the inventers who built these things) and he sent me to another who's link wouldn't work. I'll be giving it another go soon.

STRSKILLZ

Have a few issues. Groans like an old dog when you turn, lift won't go up unless you have it at full throttle and won't start w/o using starting fluid. As of right now that is the only repair, hopefully that is all. Kind of excited to work on this thing would love to get it back to its original condition.

RAYS

Occupation
I maybe of help on your issues. Turn could be its in high range - tee handle on mine on left of seat all the way down is low. mine does not like to turn in high unless moving right along and will wine and protest if moving slow. Lift - mine did same thing - was blown packing in cyl. had it rebuilt because I could not get the end nut out / was around $200. here and I think other one is weak, keep hearing a noise from cylinder when lifting full bucket. Hard starting - sounds like my JD 125 when I got it and it has same make engine. That was burnt off glow plug wire on back of switch or you could have burnt out glow plugs. the JD won't start with out glow plug heat anytime on first start , after engine is warmed up starts fine. I always give both 20 seconds of glow before cranking. The melroe starts right up with the 20 seconds and sounds like it has a race cam in it at an idle , has more power than the JD haven't check to see if same size motor / think maybe bigger . If you have questions just ask / glad to find somebody working on same machine. Will try to get manual to you this week. Not sure how to do pic's on here but will give it a go soon.

STRSKILLZ

Appreciate it I'll give it a try. Pulled it out today got it all cleaned up and blew a hose on the lift, so I guess I can add something else to the list I have to fix. No big deal though it's just a hose

STRSKILLZ

Also I need to change all the fluids and filters. Do you know what model engine it is? I know it is an Isuzu, need to get oil filter and fuel filters for it. Thanks for any help, I took some photos gonna try and post them