• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Mega Movers show

BRL

I'm not sure if this is a series or not, but I caught this show the other night and a week or 2 ago on Discovery Channel I think. The main guy came across a Bucyrus steam shovel from WWII Era half buried in the snow while snow shoeing. And the show centers around him returning to unbury it from the brush & soil to move it from its grave site ( not sure where to, & whether it would be rehabbed - was half asleep & didn't see the whole episode either time). They said it is the only 1 of 25 of these that were made that wasn't scrapped somehow for WWII steel production. They had to move an old rail car out the way to get to it, which was also cool to watch. I believe they put some grease on her & were actually able to fire it it up & run it even though it was sitting all that time (not sure, but I know they were getting ready to try it, may have passed out around then lol). Anyway, if you come across this show & like the old steel, check it out.

Orchard Ex

Super Moderator
I saw that one too. He was taking it to a mining museum after getting it out. At one point they had a track loader and a 4WD (?Diamond Reo maybe?) truck daisy chained up to get her out. It did move "under its own power" so to speak. He hooked up a big air compressor to the steam engine since the boiler condition was an unknown. Pretty cool.