• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Meco concrete saw

mikesmobile

I am working on a saw, that main complaint is that it will not cut straight, I checked it real quick yesterday and noticed a "posi traction lock" I set that and the unit locks when you try to turn it to the left but it will turn to the right. any ideas, or better yet does anyone know where I can locate a manual? I can't find a web site for meco. thanks, Mike

dlp

I have a meco saw that I purchased new in a 2003. They are very good saws and in some situations only the meco can handle rough terrain. Sometimes, depending on the model, it is not the saw that is causing you to cut crooked.
It could be the cutting method. Example: if you have the blade on the right hand side, and you make your first pass in the concrete too deep and/or push it too hard, it will pull to the right. Make your first pass 2" deep and don't use all your horsepower. Then go deeper on the second and third pass and so on, and add full power.
Also if you are turning the blade too fast, it will be out of its specified tension speed, it will NOT cut strait.
Use only the right hand side to cut unless you have to use the left. These saws are set up and are alligned to cut mainly on the right hand side.
If you need a manual, Husqvarna bought Meco a couple years ago (unfortunately). I think the web sight is www.husqvarnacp.com .
Also, I have well over 2000 hours on my machine and have never adjusted the drive alignment.
What Model do you have? Mine is a 57HP Deutz Diesel with a 3 speed gear box. I love it. It is still the preferred saw in the shop over 3 Target (now husqvarna also) saws.

Merit Saw

Occupation
Merit Saws
Meco Cement Saw Parts

I am working on a saw, that main complaint is that it will not cut straight, I checked it real quick yesterday and noticed a "posi traction lock" I set that and the unit locks when you try to turn it to the left but it will turn to the right. any ideas, or better yet does anyone know where I can locate a manual? I can't find a web site for meco. thanks, Mike

Merit Saws sells, repairs, fixes, updates and can help with any Meco related issues. The web site there is MeritSaws.com. The phone number there is 928-771-0575.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Eric

Merit Saw

Occupation
Merit Saws
Meco cement and concrete cutting saws available at Merit Saws

I have a meco saw that I purchased new in a 2003. They are very good saws and in some situations only the meco can handle rough terrain. Sometimes, depending on the model, it is not the saw that is causing you to cut crooked.
It could be the cutting method. Example: if you have the blade on the right hand side, and you make your first pass in the concrete too deep and/or push it too hard, it will pull to the right. Make your first pass 2" deep and don't use all your horsepower. Then go deeper on the second and third pass and so on, and add full power.
Also if you are turning the blade too fast, it will be out of its specified tension speed, it will NOT cut strait.
Use only the right hand side to cut unless you have to use the left. These saws are set up and are alligned to cut mainly on the right hand side.
If you need a manual, Husqvarna bought Meco a couple years ago (unfortunately). I think the web sight is www.husqvarnacp.com .
Also, I have well over 2000 hours on my machine and have never adjusted the drive alignment.
What Model do you have? Mine is a 57HP Deutz Diesel with a 3 speed gear box. I love it. It is still the preferred saw in the shop over 3 Target (now husqvarna also) saws.

Merit Saws sells, repairs, fixes, updates and can help with any Meco related issues. The web site there is MeritSaws.com. The phone number there is 928-771-0575.

Eric

IMG_5258 (Medium).JPG

dlp

Do they come with tracks yet? lol!

This is a back saver!

Eric

View attachment 118817

Attachments

• IMG953878-1.jpg
    IMG953878-1.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 1,616
  • 20130830_093251.jpg
    20130830_093251.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 1,584