• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

mechanical help please.....

jessie0770

Hello to all, I recently purchased a john deere 310 se turbo backhoe, it is a great machine and I am very happy with it...but it has a problem and my mechanic is at a lost..it suddenly locks up the differential on me while it is in use...the only thing i have found to be wrong with it is that the brake pressure switch that is on top of the differential is disconnected,could this be the problem?? does anyone know what is the funtion of this switch???thankyou and please advise....

RonG

Charter Member
Occupation
heavy equipment operator
A wild guess on the switch would be to disconnect the power to the driveline while you have your foot on the brake.That function is very common on a lot of equipment and there is often an operator controlled switch to defeat that function as well.Ron G