• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Measuring Auxilliary Hydraulic Pressure

ptrotter

I just picked up a used Bobcat T190 and would like to measure the pressure at the auxilliary hydraulic outlets. Can I just attach a pressure guage to a quick connect fitting and plug it in? If so, does it matter which fitting, male or female, or do I need a loop between the fittings with a tee for the guage?

Obviously, I am new to these machines. Thanks for any help.

Paul

ptrotter

Checking flow would be interesting and I might get to that at some point but flow meters are a bit more expensive than pressure guage.

lumberjack

Check pressure at idle with warm oil. As gear pumps wear, they have more internal bypass/leakage and loose efficiency. The tighter the pump, the more pressure it can sustain at idle.

ptrotter

I was able to measure my hydraulic pressure and it looks good. I also picked up a flow meter and measured the flow which also looks good.