• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Maverick Hammers

od1

Occupation
Marketing heayy equipment
I'm new to heavy equipment. A client of mine owns several bull dozers and a 2007 Link Belt 120. I do consulting work for them. They’re company is in Canada. They asked me to source out a hammer for their excavator. I picked Maverick Hammers because they are built in the US and that means there will be zero duties on it at the border.
I’m posting this because I’m interested in hearing from heavy hammer users to get some feed back on Maverick. Let me know what you think.
If anyone is interested I have another post called the JLG 40F Dilemma
Thanks
od@intersat.cc

Zeke

Occupation
Aggmin Equipment sales rep for SW Ontario.Link Bel
It looks like it's been a while since you posted this,but have a peek at http://www.amiattachments.comAsk for Steve if you're going to call.They don't have the Maverick brand,but they do he the Jackal which is made by Arrowhead Rock Drill.AMI does all the servicing & parts.They are in Canada @ Floradale, Ontario.These are European/California made.I have a customer with one on a Link Belt 4300 & it is doing very well for him.
From what I have heard,the Maverick is kind of light duty.

od1

Occupation
Thanks Zeke

I'm looking for honest feedback from Maverick users. My company has marketed some of their products. Everything sold so far has held up. I did have some problems but it was more of an inside problem.

My company deals with a few hammer suppliers and we want to narrow it down to just 1.

I'm going to check out your link. Thanks.

If you hear anything let me know.

Thanks again.

:cool2 OD1

bfrank18

Hello OD1,

I know i'm way late on responding to this, but I think it warrants sharing my thoughts on the subject. Since it has been such a long time since you posted, I would be interested in knowing what your experience was with Maverick, particularly as it relates to importing them to Canada. Here's what I know.

Maverick is a marketing company that outright misrepresented is product. I bet when you first found them, their website said, "The Only Hammer 100% built in the USA". The fact is none of it was built in the USA. It was 100% built in China by a company by the name of BooHung. BooHung is a Korean company, but all their factories are in China. If you go to Maverick's site today, you'll notice it says "Assembled in USA" and not 100% built in USA as it used to read. Either way, it makes all of Maverick's claims a complete lie, because they were not even assembled in America.
Maverick made a name for itself though it's marketing at auctions, and being the only company who published their prices online, which were very good prices. A combination of misrepresenting the impact class of their hammers, as to put a smaller less expensive hammer on a bigger machine, and the claim of a 3 year warranty as well as the claim it was made in the USA. If you ever get a copy of their warranty, it will say it does not cover wear parts. What on a hammer is not a wear part? You said it, the housing. I have customer's in South America who's hammers lasted 6 months, and could not get any real warranty coverage. They are currently suing Maverick Hammers. I also know of a Federal case filed against them for misrepresentation of the product. I also know, that as a last ditch effort, Maverick did in fact try to build is own factory in the US, but ran out of money and stop paying their bills. As a result, Boohung cut them off, and they are now working off of their remaining inventory while trying to re-invent themselves.

I would suggest almost any company except them. There are many reliable companies like Allied Hammers, Kent Demolition Tools, Chicago Pneumatic, Atlas Copco, of course Tramac is one of the best, and there's a little known but very respected name which is D & A Breakers that makes a very good inexpensive Korean hammer and does so for several very well known OEM brands.

The truth is there are no 100% made in USA hammers yet. But there is some good product reliable product. It's just a shame Maverick got away with their behavior for as long as they did.

od1

Occupation
Thanks Bfrank18

The Boohung plant closed. One of the managers who over saw the production of hammers is now producing the same hammer. Its name is “max power”. They are in S. Korea. The owner contacted me and asked me if I knew where Maverick was buying their hammers. They asked me if they were coming from S. Korea. I asked why and this is what was told to me.

Maverick contacted them to build their breakers after the Boohung closing. They couldn’t reach a price so the deal fell through. They then found another source in Korea.

I started this blog because we are a marketing company who is doing business with Maverick, as well as another company. I am concerned about their honesty as well. When I cross their product into another country I need to know it’s origin for several reasons.

Honest input is important to me because it helps me make future decisions. Thanks for your time on this. If you have anything else to add please feel free to use this forum.

bfrank18

OD1,

I was aware Boohung had filed for bankruptcy, but I was reluctant to say it, because I heard this from one of their competitors, and you know how that goes. We focus primarily on export to South America, and we are hearing many stories about the quality. The through bolts are not holding up, and this is causing a lot of problems. People were buying them because they were cheap, and because they were "Made in America". But they are finding the get what they pay for. I have two customers that were reselling Maverick. One sold 10 units last year and thought he'd double that this year, but their availability has been killing him because they say two weeks, and he's had to wait as much as two months as a demo unit made it's way around the country. The other sold 25 Maverick Hammers last year, and he had such a bad experience he quit selling hammers all together, even though it was very profitable for him. This guy sells a ton of excavators in Colombia. He has actually out sold the Hitachi dealer there for years. After all the problems with the hammers, and Mavericks unwillingness to cover the warranty, he began to lose customers. In the end, he chose to stop selling them all together. If I were you I'd stay away from Boohung as well.
If you are looking to stock hammers, I can give you some alternatives that are very aggressively priced, and that won't lose you customers. If you're not stocking, I can give you some options that will compete with Maverick's price.

besthammers

Occupation
Hydraulic Hammer Importer
we are interested in new dealer opportunities, we do not manufacture in the US LOL, I wondered how long people would believe Maverick's claim in fact at ConExpo this year there were banners saying 100% made in the US. Would like to hear back on any interest, we are selling with satisfactory results into South America and Africa. Honest Products at an honest price. besthammers dot com

hammers

Occupation
Sales Manager
I am Thomas Ryu of HAMMERS Company in Korea.
As I know, Boohung was already failed in Korea.
Mainly, there were 3~4 bosses in Boohung and there were constant frictions between them.
Also, their quality is not so good in Korea.
It seems that you well know about Korean breakers.

hammers

Occupation
Sales Manager
I am Thomas Ryu as a manager of HAMMERS Co., in Korea.
Today, I would like to leave this message to suggest my business proposal and I am looking for reliable distributor in your area.
HAMMERS Co. is a genuine Korean manufacturer who can make various kind of attachments as like hydraulic rock breakers.
I can supply our products with competitive price for you.
If you have an interests on our products, please visit our website as to www.hmbhammers.com
We look forward to being of service to you in the near future.
// Thomas Ryu (HAMMERS Co.) // Fax. +82-32-4310542

jckimcomet

To: od1

Hi this is Joseph with Comet Breaker, we manufacture hydraulic hammers from Korea but have a warehouse in the United States. If you want quality hammers please give me a call at 678-770-0931. I also can give you references to people that have used our hammers, and we have been distributing into Colombia and other South American countries.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Welcome to the Forums Joseph. If you would please take the time, scroll through the Forum rules and familiarize yourself with the site rules. One specifically about advertising - https://www.heavyequipmentforums.com/...ement.php?f=81

From the RULES Page

Aside from the "for sale" area, for member's personally owned goods, advertising of goods and services is not permitted unless sponsoring heavyequipmentforums.com. A vendor of goods or services may make one introductory post explaining their product or service and may answer questions about such within that thread. No further promotion of your product or service may be made without sponsorship. If you are interested in becoming a sponsor, click “Contact Us” at the bottom of any page.

Special Note: Vendors of goods or services, or their representatives, who join the forums and make no worthwhile contributions other than to post multiple links to said goods and services are considered spammers. Spammers will have their posts removed, and their membership terminated with extreme prejudice.

Your first post is your "freebie". If you are interested in becoming a sponsor and help support the HEF community, please contact the site founder Steve Frazier. Thank you for you cooperation.

MrHammer

Hello, I know Maverick is a full scale manufacturing company and relocated to South Carolina, with maybe some new management coming into play working on re-building the trust in their name and delivery times. Their manufacturing company is ISO certified and has a lot of government contracts making military parts for heavy equipment. You know how the government is about specs and quality, so I know their quality is strong, and I know they make all replacement parts at their factory. Their delivery could be better, and I know they are trying to work out the balance of meeting government obligations and improving their delivery time and hammer inventory. I would contact Maverick directly to see what they have to say. Good luck.

Smitty5508

Occupation
contarctor
MAverick does not build hammers in USA. No one in USA builds hammer. All manufactures are over seas and companys purchase the hammers and re label them their own brand name in the states. In fact its is false advertising to claim built in USA when its is not. Even Cat hammers are made over seas.

Sealor

I can absolutely confirm that the owner of this company(I use the term loosely) is a problem in the business world. In fact, if I didn't know any better I'd say he has already hijacked this thread!

od1

Occupation
Very important message from OD1

I have terminated all of my business dealings with Maverick Breakers.

Hi everyone. I started this thread. The reason was to get feedback from users to see what they thought about Maverick and its equipment. I was a dealer for them. I can honestly tell you that Maverick hammers are not; repeat not made in the United States. The manager of the plant in South Korea who made the breakers for Maverick contacted me directly to sell those hammers for them. Maverick’s statements are false. I am no longer doing business with Maverick and I want you all to know why.

I sold a large hammer to a client. A professional, who followed Maverick’s service manual, did the installation. In that manual it stated to fill the hammer to 200 lbs. Pressure. It was a misprint and should have read 20 lbs. The breaker started leaking after 10 hrs. I contacted Maverick and they asked us to remove some pressure. We did but the seals were now damaged. They told me that there was a misprint in that manual and to keep an eye on the seals. The seals were leaking slightly and I informed my sales rep. And requested new seals. He said, “let’s wait and watch it”. A year later I got a call back from my client. He told me the hammer was leaking a lot now. I called Maverick and spoke to my new sales rep. And explained the hammers past. He asked me to photocopy the misprint in that manual. I contacted the client and he drove over with it. I copped it and sent it to Maverick. Maverick told me that the breaker was now off warranty. If I wanted the seals that they would give me a deal on them. The retail price was near $500.00 and they would give it to me just above their cost at $350.00. I contacted the South Korean manufacture and they offered them to me for $225.00 shipping included. I told the client that Maverick refuses to make good on their error and that my company will do the right thing. I told my rep. what I thought of Sean (the owner), and told him I’m done with them.

On that same order I ordered a second bit (moil) and an auto-greaser. I waited 4 months for those parts.

A week later I called Gorilla and spoke with Bobby T the owner and explained what I went through over at Maverick. He and his entire staff are a class above all the rest.

Our company is now connected with and is selling for Gorila.

Last edited:

od1

Occupation
Hi Thomas

If you have a line card or a catalog send it along with your compny info. to me at sales@intersat.cc .

Thanks for taking the time to comment on this forum.

Regards

od1

Occupation
Do you work for or with Maverick?

Hello, I know Maverick is a full scale manufacturing company and relocated to South Carolina, with maybe some new management coming into play working on re-building the trust in their name and delivery times. Their manufacturing company is ISO certified and has a lot of government contracts making military parts for heavy equipment. You know how the government is about specs and quality, so I know their quality is strong, and I know they make all replacement parts at their factory. Their delivery could be better, and I know they are trying to work out the balance of meeting government obligations and improving their delivery time and hammer inventory. I would contact Maverick directly to see what they have to say. Good luck.

Maverick does do some manufacturing, and is now making some parts for the military but they do not manufacture there hammers / breakers and those hammers are not made in the USA. There statements are not true. I have worked with them and I’m telling you that there word means nothing. It’s a shame that the owner Sean does not back up his dealers nor does he show any respect for them. My company has had to make good on problems that were generated by them Maverick. They do not stand behind their products and I am living proof of that. Even the new sales person felt bad that they would not send me a seal kit for my clients hammer. Not only that but they wanted to sell me the kit and make a profit off of it. Sean is a selfish person. When you just think of yourself and not the client or dealer it’s only a matter of time before you’re out of business. It’s that simple. That’s why his company is having financial problems.

od1

Occupation
No breakers / hammers are manufactured in the USA. That is why there are no duties.

MAverick does not build hammers in USA. No one in USA builds hammer. All manufactures are over seas and companys purchase the hammers and re label them their own brand name in the states. In fact its is false advertising to claim built in USA when its is not. Even Cat hammers are made over seas.

Hey Smitty5508

You are 100 percent correct my friend. Well said!

I clear all goods for our company. There are no tariffs on hammers in the US or Canada because there are no US or Canadian manufactures to protect. They come in free. I know because I clear them. Every Maverick hammer that was brought into Canada from the US was done so legally if the origin stated was US.

od1

Occupation
I can absolutely confirm that the owner of this company(I use the term loosely) is a problem in the business world. In fact, if I didn't know any better I'd say he has already hijacked this thread!

Hi Sealor

I'm not sure why you think Sean the owner of Maverick has hijacked this thread. I think there has only been one really positive statement made about him.