• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Massey Ferguson 50H Stabilizer Removal

mickos

Thanks so much for that Jim. I have a manual for this machine but it does not cover the hydraulics or the transmission. Does yours cover the hydraulics and transmission?
I just noticed the compliance plate on the machine says Model 50H. I looked up tractor data and many other sites including Perkins website. The MF 50H had the 4.236 engine and the 50HX had the 4.248 engine. The 4.248 has more HP than the 4.236 engine. I looked at photos of the 50H and it looks just like mine. But the engine number starts with LF which by what I can find is a 4.248. So does this mean that someone changed out the 4.236 and put in the 4.248 engine in this 50H? ( or maybe I am reading the numbers wrong, but it does look like LF to me). I am needing to know as I need to buy parts to try and get this thing running. Or is it possible that they forgot to stamp the X after the H on the compliance plate?
There was a lot of stuff missing, broken, bolts snapped etc and it did look like someone has messed around with the machine.
There has to be something different with the MF50H and MF50HX that can help identify which machine I have.
Thanks so much again for your help.

joe--h

Mikos, I have the manual with the hydraulics & tranny info. If you need it I can scan it and send if you give me a day or 2.
Joe H
Already scanned the trans, forgot about it. Send your email and I'll send it.

Last edited: