• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Marion 204-M shovel

slagpot

Not having luck again, on my search for pictures of the ever elusive Marion 204-M. Goggled it,cried,slammed head on table but still no photos.Did find a model of one...but no real photos of it.
Was it built in so few numbers that they just aren't around present day ?

A oddly designed shovel that has my attention.Unfortunately can't find pictures. You have any to share ?

Slagpot

alco

Slagpot, when you say you found a model of one, do you mean you found one for sale, or found pictures of one? If you found one for sale, would you mind sending me the details in a PM if you're not interested?

alco

Thanks for the help, but I already know Buffalo Road doesn't have one.

wolf2002

Marion 204 M photos

Slagpot,

Here are some photos of a 204-M Superfront that used to operate where I work. A few of the guys here worked on it and remember it fondly. I am in a Coal Operation in the Hunter Valley, NSW Australia.

Attachments

• 0217.jpg
    0217.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 4,425
  • 0307.jpg
    0307.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 3,425
  • 0373.jpg
    0373.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 3,473
  • 0382.jpg
    0382.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 3,937
  • 0387.jpg
    0387.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 4,431

JDOFMEMI

Well, that is unique.

A phrase comes to mind, to borrow from HEF member Tuney "Just because you are unique does not mean you are useful"

I am left wondering how a group of experts came up with the idea to reduce weight of the front by making it WAY more complex. Looks to me like a very high maintenance unit compared to the P&H in the background.

slagpot

Slagpot,

Here are some photos of a 204-M Superfront that used to operate where I work. A few of the guys here worked on it and remember it fondly. I am in a Coal Operation in the Hunter Valley, NSW Australia.

Thanks Wolf,

Now thats neat ! I've heard of them but never seen pictures of them. Thank you for taking the time to upload pictures. Greetings from across the pond...

Man that beast is cool looking. I agree looks more complex than needs to be. I bet she could take some abuse though.

mayrklaus

hello

there are some pictures from the scale modell of the marion 204m.

best regrads
klaus

Last edited:

mayrklaus

hello

i hope you can see the picture now.

best regards
klaus

Attachments

• he1.jpg
    he1.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 3,069
  • he2.jpg
    he2.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 3,062
  • he3.jpg
    he3.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 3,045

slagpot

hello

i hope you can see the picture now.

best regards
klaus

Klaus,

Wonderful looking machine you have there Klaus ! Who is the maker ? Marion couldn't have sold very many of these shovel's in my humble opinion. Designed way way over engineered.

Slagpot

slagpot

must of been a goverment made machine. took something simple and complecated it.

Buckfever,

I agree with you on this hands down. I always like the K.I.S.S design theory {Keep It Simple Stupid }, it worked well with Alco,mack caterpillar,general electric ect.

Slagpot

mayrklaus

Klaus,

Wonderful looking machine you have there Klaus ! Who is the maker ? Marion couldn't have sold very many of these shovel's in my humble opinion. Designed way way over engineered.

Slagpot

hello

the modell is from my collection and it was made by atm from france. i think there are only 25 are made.
the where made between 1995 and 2000.

best regrads
klaus

Donns

Occupation
Self employed Dragline consultant and Safety train
204M Superfront

Good pictures of the old beast. Is this the one that was orifinally in the US? I wonder if any of the ones we put into Siberia are still in one piece?

Mark Bridle

Occupation
Mailman
I make working models of earthmovers. I wish to make a Marion 204. Anybody with any pictures or information please contact me at mark.bridle@virgin.net. I am particularly intersted in contacting anybody with first hand experience of the machine, either as a driver, or engineer.
Regards
Mark
Clevedon
UK

Mark Bridle

Occupation
Mailman
I am making a Meccano 1/25 model of a Marion 204 Superfront. Does the crowd motor sit up near the drum or it driven from within the machinery house? I think the motor is probably near the the drum up on top of the machinery house. I am interested in any photo's of the Superfronts, I know some were taken at Ulan Coal in Australia. I am particularly interested in conversing with any drivers or engineers of Superfronts. My e mail is mark.bridle@virgin.net
regards
Mark Bridle
Clevedon
UK