• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Marino Crane Pics/IDtenT Syndrom Prevails

RonG

Charter Member
Occupation
heavy equipment operator
I promised awhile ago to post some pics of their equipment since I live in the next town to their east coast facility but it did not go as well as I had it planned in my head.LOL.
First I picked up my grandson Saturday morning about 10:00am as I wanted the sun to be high in the sky and armed with a half dozen cameras we set out to capture the world:)).
Now he is 6 years old but granpa thought he ought to learn the basics of film photography and I deliberately left my Voigtlander empty so I could explain to him how film worked and showed him how the aperature changed as he looked through the lens and explained that the shutter speed and aperature controlled the amount of light that the film was exposed to.
Now,he seemed to grasp all that pretty good,hey,6 years old?
Well,I loaded the film and talked him through it and I was pretty proud of myself!!LOL.
I wasted some film by not paying attention but that is what learning is all about.Hah.
I snapped one pic with the Voigtlander and set it aside.
I gave Kyle one of my digital cameras,showed him the basics and he started shooting!
As it turns out he probably got the best shots of the day.
I had planned on using my Canon mostly to finish up a roll of film as it had the lenses that would help me get the best pics,at least that was what I had planned anyway.
Well,I shot a very few shots with a digital cam and it is a good thing because that is all I got so I am going back someday soon to take some more.
Kyle got tired,or bored most likely so after about an hour he wanted to go home.I probably shot a dozen or more with the Canon and still had not finished the roll so we left for home with Kyle pretending to snore all the way!!
Now it gets interesting.
I went out yesterday in the snow and sleet to finish up the roll so I could share them with you all,the weather forcast was bright sun all day.LOL
Well,I finished the film and proceeded to retract it back into the cannister and in the process I forgot that the Canon has a button that needs to be pushed to release the film so it can be rewound.Needless to say the film came unspooled from the canister and I had to open the camera to get the film out and it was all wasted.What a shame.The only thing that I could count as a blessing was that Kyle was not there to watch it,I don't know how I would have explained it to him.Stupid Granpa??
I will post the pics I took,bear in mind that they have a big yard and everything is parked in order so it is not like you can walk around and choose your shots.You cannot get a closeup of those big AutoCars as you will see but they are there.There is also some big Macks the same size next to them.
I will get back there one of these days but this will give you some idea of what they have at their disposal.Sorry I couldn't do better for you.I will probably post a few of Kyles pics that he shot through the windshield,he did better than I did.Ron G

Attachments

• DSC02424.jpg
    DSC02424.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 1,073
  • DSC02425.jpg
    DSC02425.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 843
  • DSC02426.jpg
    DSC02426.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 812
  • DSC02427.jpg
    DSC02427.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 820
  • DSC02428.jpg
    DSC02428.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 1,042

RonG

Charter Member
Occupation
heavy equipment operator
More Pics

I will finish my shots and add some of Kyles.I predicted him for about 45 shots of his fingers but am witholding any more negative comments.He took thirty some pics and fingers only made about three of them.Most of these pics are through the windsheild,I am inpressed with how the camera handled them with the autofocus enabled.Ron G

Attachments

• DSCF0046.jpg
    DSCF0046.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 772
  • DSCF0045.jpg
    DSCF0045.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 779
  • DSC02429.jpg
    DSC02429.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 783
  • DSCF0051.jpg
    DSCF0051.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 784
  • DSCF0052.jpg
    DSCF0052.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 769

RonG

Charter Member
Occupation
heavy equipment operator
And More Pics

I am sure glad I had Kyle with me!!!
In one of the pics you can see Kyle in the mirror shooting away!Ron G

Attachments

• DSCF0053.jpg
    DSCF0053.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 781
  • DSCF0055.jpg
    DSCF0055.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 756
  • DSCF0058.jpg
    DSCF0058.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 748
  • DSCF0061.jpg
    DSCF0061.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 749
  • DSCF0065.jpg
    DSCF0065.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 753

LowBoy

Occupation
Owner, Iron Mountain Iron & Equipment (Transport)
Good job RonG and Kyle. From what I've heard, Marino has downsized considerably. Last I knew they were up to 72 cranes in the fleet. My buddy used to do a bunch of the fabrication, welding and repairs for them both at their shop and in the field. I remember when they first got that Demag crane, the one that takes itself apart for transporting.

RonG

Charter Member
Occupation
heavy equipment operator
Thanks Tom,we had fun.It appears that Marino has joined another company now,maybe they were bought out.The last time I went past their yard they had some mammoth equipment there,the story I heard was they bought it for a specific job and subsequently did not get the job but it was all on rubber,the biggest cranes I ever saw in person.
No such luck this time though:))
That was a few years ago and the graft that has been putting the politicians away was part of the reason for it I heard.This state is really corrupt in that area.I will get back there some day soon finish the job.Ron G

stretch

Occupation
gopher
Nice shots! How many of those Mack M-series trucks do you think they have over there?

and whatever happened to that big Demag they had a while back?

RonG

Charter Member
Occupation
heavy equipment operator
I saw two of the Macks without walking around the site.I do not know anything about the Demag.I was an uninvited guest there although I did get permission to take the pics I did not want to offend anybody so I tried to keep a low profile.
I am thinking if I go back during working hours I might have a better chance of some closeups.We shall see.Ron G

dist3

Occupation
Equipment Manager Enviromental and Site Contractor
The two big demags went back to demag. Work they were purchased for never became available.