• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Manitowoc crane pics

old-iron-habit

Occupation
Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
That 31000 is a horse. Even more so if it had the Maxxer on it. I used to watch many evenings after work when they built the very first 21000 and were testing it after the majority of the employees went home. I watched while the boom went over backwards from the weight of the luffer while they were working out the erection sequence. From where we were they did not appear to get to excited about it. As a friend that works there told me, "That's why we test them, better here than in the field." It was not to much later when they were picking 500 tons with 580 foot of boom in the machine. Fun way to spend a otherwise dead evening sitting in the upper parking lot with binoculars. There was about a dozen retired construction hands there every evening.