• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Manitowoc 31000

heavylift

44 counterweights @ 44,000 pounds = 1,936,000 pounds...

ladders on the boom sections

minimum rate.... i guess 2 hours is out of the question..

I would hate to see the total transport bill.

Maybe the Murray guys could tell us what it would take to haul it .... there might be 1 regular trailer load....:) but it looks like lots and lots special hauls

heavylift

http://www.manitowoccranes.com/Press/EN/NREN20080312a.asp

The Model 31000 is designed to be transported in 85 truck loads. Other than the main boom, all components are designed to be less than 3.5 m (11.5 ft) for easy permitting and transport.

Once on site, the Model 31000 can be erected with a Model 2250 as an assist crane, an (24 m) 80 ft aerial work platform and a telehandler. While there are many factors that affect the time it takes to assemble any crane, engineers are estimating that with 60 m (196 ft) of main boom and 60 m (196 ft) of luffing jib and excellent site conditions, the Model 31000 can be assembled in 12 days with minimal crew and equipment.

Tanstaafl

I think the stat that I find amazing are some of the numbers off that preliminary load chart.
398,000 lbs @ 320' radius is insane. This thing could sit on the goal line of a football field and put a D11 Cat through the uprights at the other end of the field with capacity to spare. Think about that for a second. That's mind boggling to me.

Local_139

Occupation
Operator
When I went to Manitowoc's open house, the price for her was around $25-$30 million....
the crawlers are the heaviest part @ around 115,000 lbs or so......

Local_139

Occupation
Operator
Enjoy......:usa

Attachments

• DSC01959.jpg
    DSC01959.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 5,761
  • DSC01937.jpg
    DSC01937.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 10,069
  • DSC01924.jpg
    DSC01924.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 4,664

BigIron25

I think the stat that I find amazing are some of the numbers off that preliminary load chart.
398,000 lbs @ 320' radius is insane. This thing could sit on the goal line of a football field and put a D11 Cat through the uprights at the other end of the field with capacity to spare. Think about that for a second. That's mind boggling to me.

Haha I was pretty surprised by the stats too but when you brought the football field and D11 into the picture... well that just put things in a whole different perspective. that is genuinely nsane.

heavylift

I'm curious if anyone has some photos of the cab interior... I've seen the photos of guys standing in and around..

I've searched but haven't seen any of the interior...

BigIron25

I was wondering the same thing. It would be pretty cool to see the way that huge cab is set up. But then I got to thinking and that crane is a customers and seeing how the purchaser was actually there at the open house... I figure he had a big "MINE!" attitude. hahaha in other words I have a feeling the cab was off limits to the general public.

JDOFMEMI

The load chart is impressive enough, but the real kicker is that it is rated to travel at full chart load.

Better make sure the compaction is top notch on that piece of ground.

BigIron25

The load chart is impressive enough, but the real kicker is that it is rated to travel at full chart load.

Better make sure the compaction is top notch on that piece of ground.

No joke, think of the PSIs for full capacity. There are four crawlers but still for a 2500 ton capacity not including the total wieght of the crane assembled... thats not much surface area for all that weight.

95zIV

Occupation
RR Contractor Super.
No joke, think of the PSIs for full capacity. There are four crawlers but still for a 2500 ton capacity not including the total wieght of the crane assembled... thats not much surface area for all that weight.

109 PSI at maximum load moment.

JDOFMEMI

I see an advantage right there to the 4 crawler design. With 2 tracks, as load is added, it point loads the end of the track, creating higher ground pressure at the end and less in the center and the end away from the load. With the 4 crawlers, the load is applied at the center of each assembly, so the entire track assembly on the loaded corner spreads the load evenly along its length with no point loading.

Still, 109 PSI is a lot.

What is normal for a large 2 crawler crane?

heavylift

well I would bet that 18 year old bily joe jr. from joe blows 3 week crane school won't be at the controls.

And it won't be rented bare.....

I wonder if Manitowoc has a similator(SP) for this 31000,

Local_139

Occupation
Operator
When they were giving all the +'s about the 31000 at the open house, they said it has about the same ground pressure as a 2250