• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Manitou 3200vt

Linky210

Occupation
Owner/operator
41047495-896E-4E13-A920-5A7DBA3A9719.jpeg FC6F5ED7-E124-4B41-89E2-16E29243B8A6.jpeg EFC61759-437B-4474-B058-FE93B026F45D.jpeg Hello, my name's Phillip. I’m from central Ontario. I’m a new member to the forum and thought I’d make a post about my experience so far on a Manitou track skid steer.

Last year I ended up signing some paperwork for a 2020 manitou 3200vt. As far as I know mustang/gehl/manitou are all the same machines just branded differently.
I’m an owner/operator with a farming background and didn’t really have a brand preference for a new machine. I had spent a fair amount of time in kubota,case and bobcat and some in
Deere,cat.
For those of you unfamiliar with the manitou 3200 it has a deutz engine(114 horse) and weighs in around 12000 with the weights on the back.
I’ve put around 400 hours on the machine now and so far so good.
Very stable when lifting or loading trucks. It rides fairly smooth and has pretty good visibility in my opinion. When in softer ground it’s like any bigger machine with wide tracks it doesn’t like turning in second gear which is fine because it’s a good habit to just work in straight lines.
Other things I really like is the hydraulic tensioned tracks and when the boom is down it locks into a cradle below the front door that takes the stress away from the rest of the machine.

Last edited:

apetad

Occupation
Compact Construction Equipment Sales
View attachment 247919 View attachment 247920 View attachment 247921 Hello, my name's Phillip. I’m from central Ontario. I’m a new member to the forum and thought I’d make a post about my experience so far on a Manitou track skid steer.

Last year I ended up signing some paperwork for a 2020 manitou 3200vt. As far as I know mustang/gehl/manitou are all the same machines just branded differently.
I’m an owner/operator with a farming background and didn’t really have a brand preference for a new machine. I had spent a fair amount of time in kubota,case and bobcat and some in
Deere,cat.
For those of you unfamiliar with the manitou 3200 it has a deutz engine(114 horse) and weighs in around 12000 with the weights on the back.
I’ve put around 400 hours on the machine now and so far so good.
Very stable when lifting or loading trucks. It rides fairly smooth and has pretty good visibility in my opinion. When in softer ground it’s like any bigger machine with wide tracks it doesn’t like turning in second gear which is fine because it’s a good habit to just work in straight lines.
Other things I really like is the hydraulic tensioned tracks and when the boom is down it locks into a cradle below the front door that takes the stress away from the rest of the machine.
Supposed to turn & dig only in low gear fyi

mowingman

Occupation
Retired
I think Manitou is the new name for Mustang units. I don't think they are selling anything under the Mustang name. They are/were basically the same as Gehl. not sure if Gehl is available under that name or not. Looks like a nice machine.