• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Madill 124

Thought you would all like to know that Madill (Sidney, BC) is currently manufacturing a 124 swing yarder, expected to be complete this year.

Paul L

Just to clarify this is the first 124 made in north america since 2010ish? And can someone tell me how many brightwater have made to date.

prolog nz

Brightwater is currently building machine 5 and 6.

12450 was the last machine built up there as far as I know. It must have been 2007 or 2008? Can't remember exactly but I worked around it when it got to NZ brand new.

Plebeian

Brightwater are to stop making the Madill, July is the cutoff for new NZ orders. Is this written on the net anywhere? Brightwater are looking to enhance the BE 70 and BE 85 if they make new tower haulers in NZ. Ballpark figures would a new 85 tower be about three quarters of the cost of a new 124 swing yarder?

Paul L

That's interesting to read Plebeian. I would of thought that the madill range would have brought in enough money that Brightwater could build both model ranges. One of those video clips the Brightwater interview of the first build the guy said they could build the 124, 120, or the 172. I guess time will tell if this was the right move.

Paul L

Not sure if this question should be in the other madill thread or not. Did Brightwater make any other madills other than the 124s?

Sidney BC, June 02 2014 –

Madill is pleased to announce the appointment of Porter Equipment as the authorized Madill dealer for New Zealand and Australia, effective July 18, 2014, replacing Brightwater Engineering.

"Porter Equipment is delighted to be partnered with Madill as is exclusive representative across New Zealand and Australia," says Darren Ralph, General Manager Sales & Marketing for Porter Equipment. "We have a strong presence in the forestry sector and growing this market with a purpose built line of forestry equipment has been a strategic ambition. The Madill name carries a premium quality status in the forestry industry which aligns well with Porter Equipment’s well established reputation for distributing quality brands” Ralph continued.

“Madill is very pleased to be represented by Porter Equipment, one of New Zealand’s largest and most respected equipment dealers” said Doug Jeffery, President of Nicholson Manufacturing the parent company who owns the Madill brand. “With distributed branches in New Zealand and Australia, Porter Equipment is well prepared to provide sales, service and support for the complete line of Madill forestry equipment including yarders, log loaders and feller bunchers” said Jeffrey. “With a core focus on the delivery of superior products and customer service, Porter Equipment aligns perfectly with Madill’s philosophy and commitment to maximum uptime and productivity of its forestry machines”.

About Porter Equipment
Porter Equipment is New Zealand’s largest supplier of new construction equipment and the name that has been synonymous with the industry for more than thirty years. Since acquiring the exclusive distribution rights for Hyundai construction equipment in New Zealand and the South Pacific, Porter Equipment has won the Hyundai Global Distributor of Year award, twice from 2004 to 2007.

Porter Equipment is also the exclusive distributor of Airman Excavators, Astra Iveco Articulated Dump trucks and off road vehicles, Logmax forestry harvesting head, BOMAG construction equipment and Agrimac ‘all-terrain’ forklifts. Porter Equipment is alsoa leading importer of quality low hour’d units from the world’s most reputable manufacturers.

About Madill
Madill is a premium quality purpose built forestry brand designed and manufactured in British Columbia with distribution in Canada, the U.S, New Zealand and Australia. The Madill brand of logging equipment is designed with experience developed from manufacturing over 4,000 machines over a 60 year period and has earned a reputation for its solid construction and simplicity of design which provides for superior performance, productivity and service life.

ForestEng

Brightwater is currently building machine 5 and 6.

12450 was the last machine built up there as far as I know. It must have been 2007 or 2008? Can't remember exactly but I worked around it when it got to NZ brand new.

"12449 was the last built in USA they restarted at 12451 for the first NZ made machine," was what Brightwater & Mr. Tuor told me.

ForestEng

That's interesting to read Plebeian. I would of thought that the madill range would have brought in enough money that Brightwater could build both model ranges. One of those video clips the Brightwater interview of the first build the guy said they could build the 124, 120, or the 172. I guess time will tell if this was the right move.

Correct, they had the rights and license to build 120's, 124's and 172B's but no one ordered any of the 120's or the 172's before the cutoff date of July...