• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

MacMillan Bloedel Ltd. Red & White Iron, Past and Present....

Occupation
Running Supersnorkel
LOL been there done that. Looks like he broke a guy line .Usually happens when you are skinning the grapple back and it catches a stump and hangs up before you can throw the haulback clutch off

callingtheshop

20160225_175819.jpg20160225_175836.jpg20160225_175900.jpg I was going to put this into the BCFP Forum as that's where 'Spark Arresters' was started but I found this one while working at Franklin River. I think it was the early 70's at Sarita on the bush side of a ditch that I spotted the rusted out remains of an old an unique spark arrester. It came home and I turned it into a beautiful heirloom which my wife was overjoyed to see. I think it adapted to a 4" exhaust? I asked Jack O'Brian about it but he didn't know the history. Anyone else?

Gas in Taber, was $.809 on Friday.

callingtheshop

1995  Crew Boat.jpg1996 Crew Boat.jpg 1995 Tranquil One power units were originally 160 HP and replaced with 200 HP as the old ones crapped out. I personally felt the craft needed around 1000 HP and did a cost analysis of a conversion but it wasn't worth it. In the photo (left to right) is Keith, Keith and Harvey. The typical 'Hole in the Water to Pour $$ Into'.

1996 Estevan X on a trip from Port Alberni back to Tofino Inlet after repairs at a marine shop.

Penhil

I worked at China Creek for 34 years. I will try and find some pictures of the Madill log loader.We got it new in 1991.itwas the only one built, it came with came with a 52 ft. jewel boom.

donkey doctor

Occupation
retired
I worked at China Creek for 34 years. I will try and find some pictures of the Madill log loader.We got it new in 1991.itwas the only one built, it came with came with a 52 ft. jewel boom.
I was one of the guys that delivered it. Also came up and did some modifications to the bottom track rollers. Took out the rubber shock blocks I think was what we did. Hauled one of our shop forklifts up to handle the rollers. Everybody thought we were nuts but it sure worked slick. Would really like to see some pictures of the machine.

callingtheshop

1994 Green Peace Barrels.jpgKennedy Lake Division 1994 Bill and Bill with the barrel remains from Green Peace demonstrations on the Clayoquot Arm Bridge. They had chained their arms into 4" tubes in the barrels. Really nice people.

Blk prince

Occupation
Truck driver semi retired
Pen hill,welcome to the forum. With 34 yrs under your belt,you should have a few interesting stories to tell. Look forward to hearing some. Bp

mountainskidder

H17 With Red Dress On

I was rooting through some files... a little spring cleaning you might say... and I came across a poster that was used for in some sort of presentation many years ago. And there she was in red and white... looking pretty dam spiffy... H17 in her favourite colours... and trailing some gorgeous "fir" behind her! HDX... can you tell us where and when that photo might have been taken?

IMG_20160307_164815_hdr.jpg

HDX

mountainskidder Man that brings back some memories! Jeff Cook loaded it out at the back end of Nadira 8 Dave Sneddon was second loading for Jeff, Picture was taken at China Creek Dryland Sort It was around May 2000. Note that there is no decals on her door. This was because we were Weyerheauser at that time. They gave up asking me to remove the M&B mud flaps. They were on there till HFS took her to Duncan shop. I think they were put somewhere for safe keeping down there! Thanks for sharing this moment in time with everybody.

callingtheshop

1996 M-40 after in house rebuild.jpgKennedy Lake Division 1996 M-40 grader after an in-house rebuild. The rebuild team, Cab: Bill T. Ground L-R: Tom S., Charlie H., Mike B., Bill I., and Roger G.