• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Machine differences, CDN & US

Hallback

Occupation
Gyppo tower logger
Well, I got my buncher down from the island last week. It was built in Illinois, shipped to BC & now back in the lower 48. It is a pretty decent machine, it did kill the pump drive 12 trees into it though.

Occupation
Running Supersnorkel
Yes ,in those days a man could start his career on one of those machines and retire on the same machine. Try that with todays iron.
All most every thing was bushed on them except for the swing and the drums . There is not a single bushing that I have not changed on a American . Still remember how to set up the swingers lol

Tugger2

Yes . At one point we made all the shafts and bushing ourselves line bored once in a while when we had to. The only thing we outsourced was the cutting splines and gear work. I d build up the track pads with a wire feed gun mounted on a track cutter. Tremendous pride went into those rebuilds, it a was a privilege to be given the opportunity to do that kind of work.