• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

M35 2 1/2 Ton Deuce Military Truck Any Experience

dieselnut

Banned
Occupation
Site Prep and Grading
I have been looking around for a rugged off road truck that will preform in mud and wet ground. I came across the M35 2 1/2 Ton Deuce Military Truck, and from what I see it looks good. Although it is old it seems to preform. Any thoughts or other ideas would be great.

PSDF350

My farther plowed with one:drinkup Thing was a beast didn't go fast but would go anywhere you pointed it.

surfer-joe

These are a pretty good truck, should have a multi-fuel diesel engine that will run on just about anything flammable. Standard transmission was a five speed running with a high-lo transfer gearbox. The front hubs were locked in full time, but the transfer case has to be in either low range or high range all wheel drive for the front wheels to pull. They are not fast, but should do 65 MPH easily. They are quicker than their five-ton counterparts. As I recall, these trucks were fairly dependable and capable of hauling far more than their rated capacity. Most could pull trailers equipped with a pintle hook. As a huge number of these are still in national guard inventories, spare parts should be readily available. They are not economic with regard to fuel consumption however.

Go here for more information than I can remember; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M35_2-1/2_ton_cargo_truck

Greg

Occupation
Excavating Contractor
Name escapes me too, but I know they are in Oshkosh, Wi. They refurbish and refit with super singles all the way around which are higher and give better ground clearance.

Greg

Occupation
Excavating Contractor
I think the term they use is "recondition" but I could be wrong here. Best to check with them direct.