• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

M100 gun problems

sculptman

My Millar 211 auto set with a M100 gun is 8 years old and until lately, working great. Now, the solid wire welds to the liner at the entry point just past the roller. Changed the liner, same problem. I`m thinking the gun has a short and should be replaced. Any ideas?

ThatGuysFarm

I'm not familiar with that gun, but we've had similar issues with Bernard guns on Miller welders and it was the mig neck insulator on the gun end, so like you said a short.

sculptman

I'm not familiar with that gun, but we've had similar issues with Bernard guns on Miller welders and it was the mig neck insulator on the gun end, so like you said a short.
I really appreciate you answering my post. I got a new gun and things are working like they should. I guess after 8 years, wear and tear take over. Again, thank you. Peace, Ken

56wrench

And all the continual flexing and twisting eventually causes issues after a lot of use, especially at the gun end

sculptman

And all the continual flexing and twisting eventually causes issues after a lot of use, especially at the gun end
Thanks for the message. All things wear out eventually. I`ll know to do when the problem comes up again. Peace, Ken