• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Lull issues

barklee

Hi everyone
I have a 2008 Lull 1044c54 that is causing some issues. After running it for about 10-20 minutes the engine will sometimes just shut off. If you wait a minute or cycle the key a few times it will restart and run fine for another 10 minutes or so. The check engine light is on on the dash but i dont have a reader to see what the issue is.
Any ideas? I was thinking maybe a faulty temperature sensor (it reads fine in the dash) or shut off solenoid?
The engine is a Deere 4045T
Thanks

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
barklee what is your email address? I can sent you manual .You can count the blink codes through dash.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Do you only see the check engine light when the engine is at idle, then rev it up and check engine light goes away? Or is check engine light on all the time?

barklee

Well, i actually had the John Deere manual in the manual holder on the machine! Problem is that the book says in order to make the code blink you have to hold down the engine cut off override switch..... I have no idea where to locate this, any suggestions?
Also, on another note. I had a manlift that bent a rod last winter. We pulled the engine apart and replaced the rod, head gasket, etc. i personally never really ran the machine much since it was fixed but after having used it for the last week i noticed that the engine smokes white smoke pretty badly when its been sitting for a few hours. Also runs a little rough till its warmed up. Not an engine expert so i was curious what could cause this? We had the head decked and inspected and also replaced the piston and rings on that cylinder. This is a cummins 3.3L.

Delmer

engine smokes white smoke pretty badly when its been sitting for a few hours. Also runs a little rough till its warmed up. .

A bad injector will do that. Can you tell if one cylinder is misfiring by loosening the fuel injector lines one at a time?

barklee

A bad injector will do that. Can you tell if one cylinder is misfiring by loosening the fuel injector lines one at a time?

Tried that and its a very slight change on the cylinder that we had the bent rod.

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
Shutdown Override Switch (John Deere Engine): Depress and release to delay
engine shutdown for 30 seconds. The switch resets the shutdown timer to 30
seconds and may be used repeatedly.
Switch also used to retrieve engine fault codes. See Service Manual for details.

barklee

Shutdown Override Switch (John Deere Engine): Depress and release to delay
engine shutdown for 30 seconds. The switch resets the shutdown timer to 30
seconds and may be used repeatedly.
Switch also used to retrieve engine fault codes. See Service Manual for details.

Any idea where this switch is located? I looked everywhere and didn't see it.

tractorsrlife

hey guys recently purchased lull 844 tt-34 looking for manuals operators service parts or all 3 dealers do not have anything for that model if any of you know where i could buy them it would appreciated thanks