• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Lucas 15-40

Dickjr.

Had a chance to buy some Lucas 15-40 for 12$ a gallon . I'm sure thats a good price but my problem is availability if I need a quart here or there after I use the gallons. I had a thread in the shop section on Rotella prices. I really can't see any superior reason to use the Lucas. I do know they make some good products. One product they offer is an engine oil leak sealer. I have 3 engines leaking out the rear main, not pouring or nothing. I'd roll the dice on this. Does anybody use this?

blitz138

IMO Lucas has some decent products and some that are pretty gimmicky. Engine oil leak sealer is pretty easy, its oil that has an additive to swell the seals. 12 bucks a gallon is decent price for decent oil, what type of 15-40 was it?

bobby king

Occupation
President, CEO Buckeye Defense Products
I am a global Valvoline distributor selling primarily to the U.S. Military. Look into Valvoline's "premium Blue 15W40 disel engine oil that is endorsed by Cummins and used as original fill for all of thier North American engine manufacturing plants. The oil is more expensive but also provides extended oil interval changes which keeps your equipment up and running longer. www.Valvoline.com. Let me know if I can assist. Bobby King.
Had a chance to buy some Lucas 15-40 for 12$ a gallon . I'm sure thats a good price but my problem is availability if I need a quart here or there after I use the gallons. I had a thread in the shop section on Rotella prices. I really can't see any superior reason to use the Lucas. I do know they make some good products. One product they offer is an engine oil leak sealer. I have 3 engines leaking out the rear main, not pouring or nothing. I'd roll the dice on this. Does anybody use this?

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
I am a global Valvoline distributor selling primarily to the U.S. Military. Look into Valvoline's "premium Blue 15W40 disel engine oil that is endorsed by Cummins and used as original fill for all of thier North American engine manufacturing plants. The oil is more expensive but also provides extended oil interval changes which keeps your equipment up and running longer. www.Valvoline.com. Let me know if I can assist. Bobby King.

Welcome to the Forums bobby king.

Take a moment to read the Forum rules - https://www.heavyequipmentforums.com/announcement.php?f=81

Specifically this section -

Aside from the "for sale" area, for member's personally owned goods, advertising of goods and services is not permitted unless sponsoring heavyequipmentforums.com. A vendor of goods or services may make one introductory post explaining their product or service and may answer questions about such within that thread. No further promotion of your product or service may be made without sponsorship. If you are interested in becoming a sponsor, click “Contact Us” at the bottom of any page.

Special Note: Vendors of goods or services, or their representatives, who join the forums and make no worthwhile contributions other than to post multiple links to said goods and services are considered spammers. Spammers will have their posts removed, and their membership terminated with extreme prejudice.

This post is your freebie. Your posts in the other threads with links to your site will be removed. If you are interesting in becoming a site sponsor, please contact Steve Frasier the sites founder directly.

Thank you for your cooperation.