• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Lubrication Engineers Addition

heavylift

Here are a few shots of the LE addition from the early 90's I was running the35t Grove. The 18t Link-belt was the standard will do everything crane. Which the office failed to notice you need a two line machine to roll the panels.

Attachments

• Copy of DSC01423.jpg
    Copy of DSC01423.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 449
  • Copy of DSC01426.jpg
    Copy of DSC01426.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 457
  • DSC01425.jpg
    DSC01425.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 452

td25c

Look's interesting heavylift.Looks like they had to haul the panals on the lowboy in the uprite position to keep from cracking.Were they very hard to rigg?Use nylon straps,endless loops?

heavylift

theses panels are the heavy ones that we used two cranes to roll.. they have a eye clamp thing in 4 places ... two on the top.. and two on the right edge which is actually the top. You use a snatch block on both lines Upside down, This allows the cables to rotate as the panel turns 90 degrees..sorry for the poor quality jerry rig scans
I was using the grove most of the time to lift all the panels in place. It's not that there TOO heavy... but the knock down drag out whos the boss fight... turned into the panels are TOO big ...thus the 2 cranes... The equipment super won... I look see if i have a pic of the rigging

Attachments

• DSC01429.jpg
    DSC01429.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 378

td25c

Is the "eye clamp" cast in the panel or is it a removable tool made for the panels?I was never around those jobs.Interesting.Looks like the grove has two drums.I guess you could have done the whole job with it if the boss would allow it.cool pics.

heavylift

http://67.192.65.138/weavecmsresources//Accessory_Handbooks/PDFs/Precast_Handbook.pdf
Thats a link to the hardware... page 22
It's kinda like those clasps on a necklace. the one you have to pull and rotate to open

The snatch block isn't upside down . But is was probably a 30t block on both lines. the whip line was two-parted with a snatch block under the ball. the main is 4-parted with a snatch block under the hook

it had one choker run thru the snatch block... swift type hooks shackled to each eye of the choker...

i would lift the panel of the trailer then it would pull out.. with both winches... then when it was 5 or 10 feet above the ground ... these panels in this photo are backwards now .. due to the 2 cranes...

But you would pick with the main and the choker would move around the block. once you had it vertical . they would unhook the whip line.

they are laying flat just to transport.... to tall to stand upright:)

heavylift

as you can see the precast is about finished ... this is probably the first day with 2 cranes....

It all started because we used the jib. during the floor phase to set rebar on the decking.
They had a NO JIB policy.... the grove is in their rental fleet .. LB is in company fleet thus it doesn't have a jib.... that was several months earlier...for the decking
Then belger was there one day putting new air handers on the old part on the building... the super kinda implied that they hired the crane to set rebar. which he didn't.... insert pot stirring smilie:)
the equipment super would drive by the job at least once a day

td25c

Thanks for the link heavylift,I see how it works,pretty cool.Dayton Superior was big into concrete pre-cast & form systems.I still use the "gates" type system on poured walls,snap ties,3/4 plywood ,& 2 x 4 whalers.It's all in the Dayton Superior handbook.

heavylift

I looked at the pics again... the linkbelt isn't level yet... plus there's no rigging on the block... so my best guess is.... this is the first panel for 2 cranes

liebherr1160

Occupation
Crane Operator
Nice pic's ..
Didnt have a second hoist on the Grove to flip the panel's ..But im thinking if it did it was only a smal winch (9/16) line..Though having two machines is a lot nicer when it comes down to it ..

Using a 60 T truck mount and variuos R'T's using both winches I flipped panels on my own ..even stood a 80ft silo once with just one machine and allot of planning ..

heavylift

The Grove has two winches... and we set the majority of the panels with the Grove. I would even say 98% .
I think the panels were 10,000 pounds.
There were a couple of 18,000 pound panels at the start of the job, that we used the 2 cranes.

This panel is going to be placed in the opening behind the counterweight in the 3rd picture..

liebherr1160

Occupation
Crane Operator
The Grove has two winches... and we set the majority of the panels with the Grove. I would even say 98% .
I think the panels were 10,000 pounds.
There were a couple of 18,000 pound panels at the start of the job, that we used the 2 cranes.

This panel is going to be placed in the opening behind the counterweight in the 3rd picture..

9 ton panel on that lil Grove is a good lift ..no question ..

I do enjoy a go of precast ..

heavylift

This is the tip of the Grove... the rigging is gone... so My guess is we lost the war with the equipment super:)

As for the capacity of the whip... can't recall... but we used 2 cranes for the 18,000 pound panels...it must have exceeded the whips rating.... because it's more or less picked off the trailer with the whip and helped with the main. But the main starts taking it after the turning starts
Judging by the gaps in the building, we are setting replacement panels... for the ones damaged in transit

Attachments

• Copy of DSC01427.jpg
    Copy of DSC01427.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 285

liebherr1160

Occupation
Crane Operator
Here's a little Grove RT 700E ..that was working up the road from where I live ..niffty little attachment for flipping precast ..

Attachments

• Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 294
  • Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 287
  • Picture 007.jpg
    Picture 007.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 291

Billy Big Rig

Occupation
Crane operator
Here's a little Grove RT 700E ..that was working up the road from where I live ..niffty little attachment for flipping precast ..

Nice little steel job in the making .reminds me of the Herrick job I hung iron for with Mr.cranes LR 1300 w/170 main & 160 luffer, could set a 10T header @ 190' out,:rolleyes: last year at Santa Barbaras Cottage Hospital