• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

LT185.B New Holland, safety and hydraulic wiring needs refills

ylekyote

(title was supposed to say "wiring needs rebuild")

This is a 2006 year model. Bought it used with 1,600 hours on it last year.

I was out in the field one day with a full bucket and the boom wouldn't go up. The tilt function still worked though.

I thought it was a blown small fuse near the bottom of the seat that is either original or was put in by the prior owner (concrete/gravel company).

I replaced the fuse and it worked fine for a bit but then it kept popping the same fuse or the 5amp fuse in the motor compartment (on firewall). So I played with the fuse sizes a little to see if that helped and it started working, and worked for about 10 minutes until I placed it in High speed/gear and it did something to mess it up. It ran until I shut it off, but then wouldn't start as if a safety feature is confusing it. I think I put a 7.5 amp at the seat again, and a 10 amp in the motor compartment and that kept both from popping.

Anyway, long story short, now it won't start and it seems to be a safety feature is confused and not allowing it to start and it's keeping the brake on also. The brake light is coming on and staying on and it won't start, perhaps to it thinking no one is in the seat, or the seat belt isn't fastened.

What are my options here for a DYI fix? Power is being lost somewhere between the fuse box in the motor compartment and the solenoid connections. I can't figure it out.

Can I somehow bypass ALL of the safety features and run new wires to make it operate enough to get it to a better work location with full hydraulic functions? I want to keep the safety features for longrun, but first I just need to finish this one job and get it started and moving so I can put it on my trailer.

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thanks!