• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Lowboy for Liebherr 984C Excavator

rodtg

Not many ADT's available locally and the ones that are available are too small (Volvo A25C's). Tipper trucks are more popular locally.

Saying that a chap we know has a fleet of 40 ADT's in neighbouring Ghana (Volvo A40E's and Bell B50D's) that are available for hire and within easy transport distance.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Ever see the youtube video where they had a set of cradles made to run the tracks up in on the excavator. Then he stuck the bucket in a haul truck, picked the front up and away they went. Pretty neat idea. I'm guessing a haul truck would be a little big on a highway thou.
You're talking about the Sleipner system ........ http://www.sleipner.fi/

rodtg

Handy for transporting plant around a job site. Hardly ideal for on-highway transport. I just cringe imagining the level of extortion that would take place when the African police flag you down at a checkpoint...

rodtg

I found a company in Turkey that offers trailers with more realistic (and believable) specs than the Chinese. They can offer trailers that can take a payload of up to 125 tons based on a 7 axle configuration. Roughly 18 tons per axle using 12-R22.5 tyres.

tr1.jpg