• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Low Battery Genie TMZ30/50 Towable Boom Lift

RyanR

I have a Genie TMZ 30/50m (I believe its a 1999) It has updated boards.
It is having an issue where I will try and lower the out riggers and it starts to lower them for about three seconds and then it cuts out and goes to low batteries. I have tried to charge the current batteries and I have also dropped brand new batteries in and it does the same thing. It will allow me to retract the outriggers just fine and acts as if there is no battery issue. I am wondering if there is something else that may cause it.
The current batteries show 6.4 volts each (four batteries) when on standby and when under load drop to 5.86 volts give or take a little. It is a battery only unit. No engine.

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
You might have a solenoid cutting out or signal control cutting it . I will take look a the manuals on it and see if can figure it .

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
I have a Genie TMZ 30/50m (I believe its a 1999) It has updated boards.
It is having an issue where I will try and lower the out riggers and it starts to lower them for about three seconds and then it cuts out and goes to low batteries. I have tried to charge the current batteries and I have also dropped brand new batteries in and it does the same thing. It will allow me to retract the outriggers just fine and acts as if there is no battery issue. I am wondering if there is something else that may cause it.
The current batteries show 6.4 volts each (four batteries) when on standby and when under load drop to 5.86 volts give or take a little. It is a battery only unit. No engine.
Make sure the boom is fully down .Because if not one of the limit switches cause this problem .What is you email address ? i can sent you some troubleshooting tests .