• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

lost in Bucket Coupler versions

imjustdave

Looking at a Yanmar vio50 or sv40 and it comes with a hydraulic coupler but What type is it? I have heard of S and D and Wain Roy coupler and others never paid much attention to the Types before. But not really sure how each is different. FYI I understand manual pin on buckets, and I know the Wain Roy is epic special POS

My question is driven by the fact I'm looking at engcon tilt rotator and they want to install a S40 coupler on it because it needs to work with S40 bracket, but when I look at in photos I can't really see the difference beside the name on the bracket.
Yes I can see 2 jaws expanding to clamp on the pins on the yanmar
Yes I can see Encon quick coupler sliding in from one side and then the 1 side sliding to lock it in but I still would have to manually hook up the hoses on either coupler and the idea is you can drop the tilt and grap the bucket like normal... So … I'm confused.

So my google searching is failing me. Anyone have the info to share

Tags

The Yanmar is equipped with a hydraulic pin grabber coupler. Meaning, it grabs the pins that are between the ears of each bucket, and I belive the Yanmar coupler has the ability to pick up buckets with different pin spacing (spacing between front pin and rear pin). I'm pretty sure an "S" style coupler uses some heavy brackets that look like hooks, totally different setup and is sized for your coupler and only that size of "S" series coupler buckets will fit, in your case, S40

heymccall

This is for the pin grabber on a vio80.
Obviously, A) from the operator's manual, and B) from the wrong size machine.
But, yes, whatever you buy to attach to a Yanmar coupler will have conventional bucket pins.
Screenshot_20210316-203342_Gmail.jpg