• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Lorain crane

rmo5095

I have a lorain crane with a wakasha 6 cylinder it looks to 15 tons very good condition motor does turn over but does not run as of yet. Gentlemen who owned it previously dragged his pond and has been sitting there ever since. I would like to get some additional info on this from anyone. I would like to post some pictures but, I don't have the time nor the patience to spend 4 more hours trying to do it. I am sure it is operator error. anyone wishing to see pics please send me a message and I would be happy to email them to you.

Tiny

I have asked the old hands at work and they came up with nothing but a couple of hydraulic machines they have run .

heavylift

I would start with the simple things, is there power at the distributor or magneto. Check the plugs, wires and cap... and the points and condenser in the distributor, if equipped with a distributor
Also check the coil to see if it has spark before it enters the distributor.

MAKE SURE that the dist. or mag is actually turning when the engine is cranking

Critters love to chew wiring...

Is it getting fuel... Make sure the fuel is fresh... old gas isn't good.

Like Tiny's guys never ran anything but a hydro Lorain

cecil89

Occupation
the best I can be while I am being paid to do my J
clean brakes an clutches before use or it will show you how to cuss an use words to anger the crane gods

rmo5095

Thank you for your input I will do what I can and, we have replaced the starter , the coil, the battery and now on to the fuel, thanks for all the help!

rmo5095

i would like to post pics but this is absolutely the worst to do. I have tried all I can do but this site is not letting me.

BillG

I have a Lorain crane on rubber not tracks but many things are similar. It also has a Waukesha, send me the pics either email or through Sendspace.

Tiny

Attachments

• lorain.jpg
    lorain.jpg
    223.6 KB · Views: 896
  • lorain 2.jpg
    lorain 2.jpg
    297.1 KB · Views: 1,152
  • lorain 3.jpg
    lorain 3.jpg
    325.1 KB · Views: 1,132

Buckethead

Occupation
Operator
The machine in the pics looks like a Lorain TL-25. You could search for manuals on Ebay. Also I would check out HCEA.net the HCEA is a club of people who love old machines. Hope this helps.

Last edited: