• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Looking to upsize my excavator, How important is the pivot swing of the arm while choosing the machine..?

kubotafreak

Hey folks, Looked at a KX165-5, 2012 model i suppose, it didnt have the pivot swing feature so the arm stays straight unlike the bobcat 325 of same year that i have. So while working only way is to swing the cab, How much of importance is this feature in your opinion. Me personally have used the feature in tight spaces where cab swing may pose a risk. Is this model a less of a sell feature when i have to resell down the road ?? Picture just for reference !!

Attachments

• KX.jpg
    KX.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 29

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
Didn't even know they made something like that. Still not sure why they do. I would get a swing boom on a mini ex. Being able to articulate the boom from the cab is, in my view, very important on a mini ex. I wouldn't consider that machine.