• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Looking to buy a compact track loader, need the facts

WHICH BRAND COMPACT TRACK LOADER WOULD YOU CHOOSE

• DEERE

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • CAT

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • TAKEUCHI

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • TEREX

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • OTHER

Votes: 9 45.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AntMono

Hey guys new to the forum, Looking to purchase a new compact track loader for municipal work, Its going to be mainly run on turf and used in the winter on some paved parking lots. Ive used Tak tl230 and found they have tons of power and push but rough ride, Ive also used Terex Pt60 great ride not near the power the Tak had. Demo of the Cat is on its way. So as of now its up in the air. Whats all your thoughts Good Bad. Currently looking at JD, Cat, Tak. Terex. Thanks for the help. BOMBS AWAY!!

Digdeep

If you're going to be running primarily on turf and paved surfaces the Cat or the Terex will do much less damage on the turf hands down. The undercarriage on the the Cat and Terex will also push snow much better than the CTL tracks.

JGibson

Deere compact track loaders are the best. But I think that a multi terrain loader would suit you better, with barley and ground disturbance. Cat 287d would be the perfect machine

heymccall

Having 3 TL150's, and having sent 3 864 bobcats to auction, I've finally settled on, and now have 1500 hours on a SVL75 Kubota.

Two thumbs up for the Kubota.

BTW, have you ever tried snow removal with a CTL? It can be done, but it can also make you pucker up.

AKAIK, Takeuchi and Kubota are the only two brands with a flip up, excavator style windshield, so, if you get an EROPS, you can run window open or shut. Can't do that with all the others, unless I'm missing something. And, versus everything else we tried, the SVL75 has the best visibility outward out of 'em all.

Last edited:

Digdeep

Having 3 TL150's, and having sent 3 864 bobcats to auction, I've finally settled on, and now have 1500 hours on a SVL75 Kubota.

Two thumbs up for the Kubota.

BTW, have you ever tried snow removal with a CTL? It can be done, but it can also make you pucker up.

AKAIK, Takeuchi and Kubota are the only two brands with a flip up, excavator style windshield, so, if you get an EROPS, you can run window open or shut. Can't do that with all the others, unless I'm missing something. And, versus everything else we tried, the SVL75 has the best visibility outward out of 'em all.

Highly disagree with your comment regarding visibility. The Kubota loader arms out the side are thick and and you can't even see the corner of the buckets. This is a well known fact.

AntMono

hey guys thanks for the info so far. BTW the Terex does offers a ex style door on some of their models like tak. bein i need a cab this is a nice feature,

AntMono

Terex uses asv under their units correct? how do you guys feel about the longevity of rubber rollers/ bushing vs. sprocket style. granted im not near an expert on these machines just want the dirt on these styles since this machine is goin to have to last.

Paul Six

We use BOBCAT T190 here in Belgium , it is a good choice , no problem with the machines

Ropinghorns

I just got a bobcat t630 used and love the thing. Tulsa has a dealer from heaven that makes a world of difference. OTHER was my choice.

Mark13

I have a Tak TL230 that I've been very happy with. At the farm we had a Gehl CTL60 (Tak TL130) that was a good machine, then went to a Gehl RT210 (POS) and now have a Case TR270. I've got maybe 14-15hrs of seat time in the Case. Mostly just picking up rocks with a skeleton bucket. Very nice machine, comfortable, cab is pretty quiet and easy to hear the radio. A/C works well and fairly good visibility. I did use it to move the better part of a 36" diameter tree that had fallen in a field. The top of the tree was laying on the ground and the trunk of the tree was broken off and sitting 15-20' up in the air being supported by it's branches. I looked at the tree originally and thought there was no way, it would have to be cut up/drug with a tractor/or bring the excavator in. I poked around with the skid for a minute or two and realized I could get the broken off part of the tree to rock a little bit and after some creative work I had it all on the ground. About a half hour later I had the whole thing cleaned out of the field ready for the field finisher and planter to go through. The capabilities of the machine with the tree really impressed me.

pafarmer

Occupation
Land clearing, demo, site prep etc. Ex Pro Motocro
I own and operate three John Deere CTL's, a JD319D , a JD 333D and a JD333E and a two CAT 299XP all tracked machines. These machines are absolete beasts when it comes to power. I like the CATs a little better than the JD for comfort and the backup camera on the CAT allows me see everything real well. That being said I don't think you would be disappointed in what JD or CAT has to offer in terms of a tracked loader. I have owned all of the major brands over the years and firmly beleive service after the sale should be your first priority in purchasing any new equipment. Stay local and work with dealers you know and trust