• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Looking for reman engine

Dirt Dogg

Occupation
Owner/Operator
I purchased a 750B crawler with a bad engine and I am just getting started trying to find an engine for it. The engine has a rod through the side of the block so I am guessing the lower end is trashed. It has a 414 CID 6068T engine and I would like to find a reman to replace it. Does anyone know of a good site to find deere engines.

surfer-joe

machinerytrader.com would be a good place to start.

Let's see, you're in Illinois I think, and there is a zillion tons of Deere equipment running around that area, so there ought to be something available to you close by.

Check with the local Deere shop, if they don't have something in your price range, perhaps they can suggest another provider.

I'm not real up on Deere yellow stuff, but you might try Diesel Engine Trader.com, or just Google "used John Deere engines."

Good luck!

Dirt Dogg

Occupation
Owner/Operator
Tried the dealer he wanted $8000 That's more than I paid for it. Thanks for the suggestions

JDOFMEMI

Tried the dealer he wanted $8000 That's more than I paid for it. Thanks for the suggestions

Just remember you get what you pay for. If you intend to make money with the tractor, $8,000 is a small price, but if it is a hobby and reliability is not important, then you may find a cheap used engine somewhere for less.

dayexco

call RDO equipment in sioux falls, sd. they sell for a remanufacturer in illinois that sells rebuilds, they're sweet, great warranty......the drop ins come w/new pump, injectors, turbo, etc etc etc....only thing you have to switch over is the flywheel, clutch, starter, alternator. all back to factory new specs. no turned cranks, etc.