• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Looking for Pages on Mitsubishi BD2-G/H/J

KTBAUGH

Site Sponsor
Hello everyone,
just joined this forum today because i see that everyone's having questions about the mitsubishi and komatsu dozers. We are a heavy equipment and parts sales company in east texas. We primarily sell parts for the smaller dozers but we can get parts for just about anything with our 2 parts locator systems. Send us a message if you have any questions or need parts for your equipment.

Thank you,

kent baugh equipment
2596 fm 250 n.
Hughes springs tx, 75656
office: 903-639-2765
cell: 903-399-8738
fax: 903-639-4821

Bruce NSW Aus

Occupation
4x4 Park Operator
G'day Guys,

Don't know if you guys are still active as its been a while since any new post been put up. I'm taking delivery of a 2002 BD2J Wednesday coming and being in central west NSW not a lot of support out here for small dozers. Hope to have a yarn with you guys for advise on this machine, I have seen the CQ dealership page, but purchased my machine as a grey import through AMM, didn't bother with rippers just see how it goes. Looking forward to any experience from fellow Mitsi owners as mot a lot around compared to the D20 21 owners.
Bruce

John White

I have a BD2J and love it. I think it is better than a Komatsu but service and parts can be hard to come by. Havent had any trouble with mine except a blown tail light bulb and had a very hard time finding one as it is a 24 volt. I am going out on a job tomorrow. Should be a 2 day job. I try and not take on any bigger jobs than that as I tell the customer if he has alot of dirt to move it is more efficent and cheaper to hire some one with a larger dozer even though it may cost 3 times as much. (besides I dont want to wear my baby out).

Bruce NSW Aus

Occupation
4x4 Park Operator
That's the silly questions I've been asking and the machine arrives tomorrow.....What voltage is it 12 / 24 Volt...I know now thats it's 24 Volt....What is the fuel tank capacity....Does it have selt belts...The dealer is sending down a service manual, and luckly I picked out that the front work lights had been removed to fit the ROPS frame and they are reinstalling new lights. It would have been a shame if machine arrived and just the little things missing for a new owner to pick out. Like anything the little machine is designed for its job, it certainly not a D6 Looking forward to finding out more John I got a very pleasant phone call returned from JiminOz he's in Victoria about 1000kms away but thoughly enjoyed talking and learning his experience with this littlies.

John White

Mine came with a canaopy also. I took two square tubes and made brackets and mounted them where the headlights were mounted and remounted lights. Mine did not come with a seat belt but I installed one after driving over a small hump and dozer pitching forward and me too and knee hitting the key and brakeing it off. Now I wear my belt when even loading or unloading it. Dont know the size of the tank, probably 7-8 gal, pretty fuel efficent. I've had two tractors with Mitsubishi engines and they never gave me any problems. I just wish Cat would carry some parts or make them available. I think the importation of them are sort of drying up as I dont see near as many listed on E-Bay as I did a few years back. Mine has the eight way blade, which I love for the type of work I do. Just wish it had a 3 point hitch or ripper.

Bruce NSW Aus

Occupation
4x4 Park Operator
Gave a lot of thought to a ripper set, about $4000 fitted out here. I was really surprised when you look at a lot of machines, just how many don't have rippers fitted. I thought I'd see how I'd go without first then put a set on if I really find the need. A few have said the extra weight would help and depending on environment and soil, I am in a basalt , sandstone area. Been looking at another topic in here about sufficient work lights on machines and with the availability now of HID lights makes it a lot easier.

Bruce NSW Aus

Occupation
4x4 Park Operator
I stumbled across this thread on another forum and to follow this story through is brillant, to see the learning curve and experience gained, besides the photos of a brillant workshop with great toys....

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/construction-equipment/99717-komatsu-d20a-6-a.html

Little additions like ammo boxes for tools, the Hayman Reece hitch on the rear for towing trailers, extra hydraulic contols for a tipping trailer etc....

Bruce NSW Aus

Occupation
4x4 Park Operator
Machine arrived emotions of delight and disappointment, great little machine but pity no instruments work, hope something silly, dealer has assured me they were working when machine left yard, No enginge temp, no fuel gauge, no lights working, a bit of a disappointment , otherwise a great machine ....Looking to play soon.

firetrack

Bruce,
I had a BD2H with 8 way blade. I actually imported it with CQ dozers. Kev is a mate whom I have known for nearly 30 years. We went to Japan and selected 4 units which we fitted into a 40ft sea container. His wealth of knowledge on the mitsi is invaluable plus he will carry most of the parts needed for them as well. I seem to remember that the fuel tank was around 45lt. Just watch when your grading as if you hit a stump with the corner tip at speed you can and most likely will blow the hydraulic hose for the angle ram. No great deal and easy to fix. There was an electric fuel pump under the left hand foot plate that also had a small filter in it. If you find the machine starving for fuel it can be this little prefilter. Mine had all the blade function controls on the one lever and then when the ripper was fitted a electric diverter valve was installed and it worked off the tilt function of the blade. I didn't do that many(maybe 250) hours on it before selling it but it never gave any trouble. Just keep the grease up to the blade pivot points and keep the side shift slide clear of mud and debris. Be careful as the engine belly guard is made out of only light gauge metal. If it starts to get hot blow the radiator out, keep the fan belt tensioned and clean the air filters.
They are not power shift with torque converter but a series of clutches that activate when you engage the gear selected. It is my belief that these units were superior to Komatsu and punched well above their weight. I'm sure you will a lot of fun and production out of it.
Firetrack