• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Looking For Historical Info

trakloader

In Volume 78 of "The Lumberman" , February 1951, was a feature on Juskatla, BC. It included a picture of my Grandpa's Lima dragline, and other valuable info. If anyone can find a copy of it for me, I will make it worth your while!

Last edited:

mitch504

I have downloaded it into my library, it was free. Damned if I know what to do now, I'm trying to figure out how to send it to you.

trakloader

Sorry Trakloader, I'm down in Arizona on vacation so I tried to get it for you but no luck
T

Thanks for trying, mitch504 was able to download it, but I can only get the "snippet view", enough to drive a guy nuts. Maybe don't use my link, try searching Google Books for "The Lumberman Volume 78".

mitch504

Sorry Trakloader, I have tried, but when it said I had it in my library, all I had was those damn snippets. I did some research on Google help, and it turns out the copyright owner hasn't agreed to it's being published through Google. All they can give us legally is those snippets. They said they give us them so we can see what is there, and can find it elsewhere.

Sorry Man, I tried hard,
Mitch

trakloader

Sorry Trakloader, I have tried, but when it said I had it in my library, all I had was those damn snippets. I did some research on Google help, and it turns out the copyright owner hasn't agreed to it's being published through Google. All they can give us legally is those snippets. They said they give us them so we can see what is there, and can find it elsewhere.

Sorry Man, I tried hard,
Mitch

Oh, well, you tried, and I sure do appreciate that! I wonder if Contract Logger was subscribed to "The Lumberman" in 1951, he may still have a copy.

Contract Logger

Occupation
Equipment Broker
Oh, well, you tried, and I sure do appreciate that! I wonder if Contract Logger was subscribed to "The Lumberman" in 1951, he may still have a copy.

I had to let my subscrption go because by 1951 my eyesight had deteriorated to the point that couldn't read the darned thing anyway.

I have 2 copies of "The Lumberman" I picked up someplace. They are in the 1940's and are mostly sawmill and very little logging. Wish I had more- I do see them from time to time on ebay but they go pretty high.

trakloader

I had to let my subscrption go because by 1951 my eyesight had deteriorated to the point that couldn't read the darned thing anyway.

I have 2 copies of "The Lumberman" I picked up someplace. They are in the 1940's and are mostly sawmill and very little logging. Wish I had more- I do see them from time to time on ebay but they go pretty high.

Yeah, I hear that driving them old Garford logging trucks with no windshields was pretty hard on the eyes.... I've seen them magazines on E-Bay, from time to time. They sure do go high. I won't give up, though!