• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Looking for hard to find truck parts

clansing1

Is there a search engine for finding truck parts similiar to the one that Machinery Trader has for finding construction parts?

daugherty102

Occupation
Equipment operator
try truckpaper.com and depending on what it is some engines were in both equipment and trucks so they're inter changable

clansing1

L10 Truck and Industrial Parts

We are doing an inframe major on an L10 Cummins engine in a bulldozer. We put a truck motor in it about 9 years ago and left the air compressor on it. Now we have to remove the air compressor and attach the fuel pump drive directly to the motor. The fuel pump drive is an industrial part which we just bought new. The problem is that the gear and shaft that go through the front casing is larger. I need a shaft from a truck motor to make the new pump work.

amscontr

Occupation
Operating Engineer 520
Check Nationwide Craigslist just do a basic search sometimes you come up with some good hits.

miro

I was just thinking, you may have a hard time finding that shaft. Truck engines all came with a compressor. you are probably better off getting the right pump for that CPL.

clansing1

I found the shaft through Cummins, but I had to go through a 3rd party repair shop that deals with Cummins a lot. They knew the right person at Cummins that knew where to find it. Only the older L10 truck engines had the smaller diamater shaft. The newer truck/automotive L10s, M11's, and all of the L10 Industrial engines had the larger shaft.

Thanks for the help.