• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Looking for Cat D8L or D8N

majdo2012

Looking for Cat D8L or D8N to buy. I have checked machine trader , iron plant, and Ritchie Bros. To the experts, any suggestions , I do not have much background , so Any advice would be greatly appreciated :).

best

theironoracle

Occupation
OWNER/OPERATOR MOBILE HEAVY EQUIPMENT REPAIR
majdo2012, these are not even the same class machine! the d8l is actually speced way closer to the d9n in weight and horsepower. you must first decide what horsepower of a machine you actually need I would think, then are you limited by what weight machine you can currently move or are you hiring that anyway. lots of questions??? if you just want something to push some dirt around then the d8n is a very available generic machine with tons of aftermarket and used parts availability, user friendly to operate with suspended undercarriage and diff steering. if you are asking where to buy one we must know where the job is located because it will probably be about $3.50 a mile each way to move something this size........theironoracle