• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Looking for a pony motor D-7 3T

Winch Cat

Occupation
Recovery and haulage of equipment (and vehicles).
I am looking for a pony motor for my D-7 3T.

Thank you.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Most were later converted to all electric start, may find one in a remote yard but will need overhaul. Try General Gear Boise ID.

old-iron-habit

Occupation
Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
Go to the ACMOC (Antique Caterpillar Machinery Owners Club) bulletin board and put your same request there under the wanted/for sale forum. Pretty good chance you will find one. A 2U series D8 will have the exact same pony motor as the 3T D7 so ask for either. I have a spare pony motor that is complete but it has one cylinder that slobbers so bad that it fowls in about 2 minutes.

ianoz

If you go to acmoc forum a bit of advise . As it is a public forum do NOT post up on the thread your phone number or email address .
There have been cases recently of scammers ringing up the numbers claiming to have the parts . Money is sent .parts never arrive .