• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Looking for a parts source

wornout wrench

I am looking for a decent aftermarket parts supplier in BC for a Cat V40 forklift (I think it is a V40)
Looking for a wheel cylinder.
Levitt wants an astronomical price for the cylinder, somewhere in the $300-$400 range.:cussing

Any ideas???

Thanks

Brian (The Wornout Wrench)

lantraxco

V40 is a holdover from the Towmotor days I believe.

It ain't in Canada but try my friends at Liftparts of Oregon 800-584-9119 or 503-228-2001 the owner has been at it for over thirty years, has probably forgotten everything you ever needed to know about that forklift, LOL

Also, it's probably common with some truck brake part, see if there's a casting number on the cylinder, most likely Wagner.

wornout wrench

Thanks for the replies.

I haven't heard of Fleet Brake yet but will check them out

lantraxco, I think your right about it being a holdover from the Towmotor days, and I would be willing to bet that it is a Wagner part, just put in a cat box and the price inflated to absurd levels.
Trouble is, I would have to down the machine to get casting numbers etc off the cylinder and the fellow that owns it can't afford to have it down for any longer then a day.
If I can't find anything closer to home I will try Liftparts. You say the owner has been at it for over 30 years, well I gave up working on forklifts to go back logging about 30 years ago so. We should get along just fine hahaha.
Thanks

There is a place in New York called Helmar. They sell forklift parts to the general public. The forklift parts industry is different than the car industry. For the most part, it's a closed industry. Forcing you to see a dealer or independent repair company for parts. Helmarparts.com is one of the very few places open to everyone. Make sure you have pictures of what you need to replace, because it's the easiest way to find it on their website.