• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Looking at buying this 580B Construction King

robin yates uk

That works when I'm traveling, but not when I'm working with the front bucket. :D
if you need dirt in the front bucket when travelling, there is something missing on your machine.I'm a JCB guy with limited knowledge of your machine. My bet is the counter weights are missing making the machine unstable.Good luck

sfchovis

There were two counter weights for the 580B. One was around 500 lb for the stock backhoe and around 720 lb for one with extendahoe. They mount under the front end below radiator. Mine is an extendahoe with the larger weight and it still comes up like yours. I'm looking into a way of adding weight. This was common with this hoe is my understanding.

Hovis

Patriot_RAM

There were two counter weights for the 580B. One was around 500 lb for the stock backhoe and around 720 lb for one with extendahoe. They mount under the front end below radiator. Mine is an extendahoe with the larger weight and it still comes up like yours. I'm looking into a way of adding weight. This was common with this hoe is my understanding.

Hovis

I don't have the extend-a-hoe, so I'm guessing the weight hanging off the front of mine is the 500lb. This hoe can't be loaded forward on a deck-over gooseneck without holding a slight wheelie on the way up. I'm glad I won't be moving it much... :)

Does anybody have a photo of a boom lock on a 580b? I can get the boom up, but there isn't a good way to lock it on the machine I have. I see these available, but can't find any good photos/drawings anywhere.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/D75674-New-...ipment_Parts&hash=item35bdce96ea#ht_923wt_965

deltl1ks

I paid $4800 for mine but not too long after the backhoe valve assembly started leaking bad. The dealer charged me 3K to source a control valve and bolt her back up. Besides that I have about $300.00 in replacement hoses. Just the other day a bucket cylinder seal went out on me so I'm trying to locate a repair seal kit and fix that. I have just over 8K in mind.

She runs good but hour meter does not work at all. Lifts good and digs good. She just keeps breaking. I guess I work it too hard.

mine is a 1973 shuttle hi/lo range I think.

kevin37b

Occupation
Operator #841
Those old hoes have 2 problems. Brakes and front axle.The brakes are a poor design and impossible to keep working.It was not till the E series and wet brakes that you could keep brakes. The spindles on front axle are supported by needlebearings, top and bottom.Unless lubed relgiously , they get moisture in them and fail.Poor design again.Pick up front end and shake wheels and see whatyou have.Hope this helps.