• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Looking at a 2004 35c JD for sale????

Harry

The machine has 3600hrs needs nothing from what the owner said. I didnt have a chance to inspect it yet. It has a canapy no cab, a few dents and some scraches but he said it runs like new, tracks are about 50%. He wants 15900$ what do you guys think its worth if its in good mechanical shape? Are these years good machines or have they had any issues with them? I know its starting to have a few hrs on it, but how many hrs are these good for?

Thanks
Harry

Harry

Thats what i was thinking also high hrs for a mini. How many hrs are they good for before major overhauls? just curious.

pafarmer

Occupation
Land clearing, demo, site prep etc. Ex Pro Motocro
Depends on care. Who owned it ? A company ? Aprivate party? It all makes a difference. Did you look at it ? Do not buy anything without trying it out in person. Press every button, toggle every switch, etc.....

coorecat

Depends on care. Who owned it ? A company ? Aprivate party? It all makes a difference. Did you look at it ? Do not buy anything without trying it out in person. Press every button, toggle every switch, etc.....

Exactly what pafarmer said.Check everything, if it was used with a hammer a lot run away don't walk.What kind of company or person had it. Did they have a maintenance program? As for hrs on a mini I'd say between 2,000 and 2,500 hrs is when you'll start to see major part's failure depending on the application could be sooner could be later. I've got an older 331 with 4,000 hrs on it and other than the tracks being replaced and general maintenance and one set of drives put on it's been one of our best mini's.

Harry

I was going to go see it this weekend but i tink i will stay clear of it with this advice. I can get a 1500 to 2000hrs machine with a cab for about 23k to 25k in this area. So i think i will look a that option first.

Thanks

coorecat

Don't know when you need an excavator but my advice is to be patient and the right one will pop up. Bought my newest one for 26,000 with only 12 hrs on it open cab though it is a 329 bobcat which is a 331 with 10 less horse power I think. just watch the dealers and advertisements and you'll find a good one.

Here's a picture of mine to give you an idea of what you can get in the 25,000 dollar range
mini.jpg

Harry

Nice machine man. I have my name in at a few dealers. Im also looking at the auctions. I might go to the next one in Montreal.

coorecat

Thanks Harry, In today's market and economy there is no shortage of good deals on mini excavators.Keep us posted on the hunt for one and you know you have to post pics when you get one right:D