• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Long Reach

Dirtman2007

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
[-Agent-];83572 said:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=iR_2gu7dqvk

Looks a bit long, And also, why didn't he put the bucket down in front of him when he was coming off, what if he tipped. :p (Well I guess I have never operated a long reach) :usa

no chance in tipping that thing over coming off that trailer. The only thing I would have done was put a couple blocks at the end as he had no ramps.

adr02

He didn't put his bucket down because the truck was in the way, its not like he was coming of the beaver tail. A lot of people load and unload facing to the side so they get the best view of both tracks too.

[-Agent-]

COPPA
Occupation
Student
no chance in tipping that thing over coming off that trailer. The only thing I would have done was put a couple blocks at the end as he had no ramps.

Heh, The truck was in the way but he didn't have to have in perfectly straight.

adr02

All I know is you can break the stick cylinder on a standard reach excavator if it takes a small impact curled right in, slips on a rock and jerks the cylinder in two ect. Can also break the tool cylinder like that with new op/lowbed drivers unloading and dropping onto the bucket with it curled right in. With such long reach I would not be dropping onto the bucket with the stick tucked in, because of the increased leverage. Always more than one way to do something, and how he finished walking off with the tracks in the air seemed excessive to me, all you gotta do is come down slowly, and it will be smooth. Reminds me of lifting to turn, works great, but you don't need to do it for every little turn.

Last edited:

dr501

Occupation
operator
long reach's

Its better on everything to lower your self down ya dont tear up you steel even on a double drop dont jar your iron or teeth. I fell of my single drop WHAT A RIDE!! right track locked and spun me off the back corner. weeee

Attachments

• 1091662676_m.jpg
    1091662676_m.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 936
  • m_a18b3aba5e0608e009b5853a39398d1b.jpg
    m_a18b3aba5e0608e009b5853a39398d1b.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 930

Bellboy

COPPA
Occupation
Student
Aaah, angege futhi! Uyampela? I see the truck for the excavata, but where's the truck for the boom?? now to be totally arb... which brand is it ? looks like the cab of a daewoo/doosan, but has the bum of a hitachi.