• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Logging Accidents: And They Walked Away.........

johnson

I think pictures of this accident were already posted but here are some more pictures:
Ax Men S01E03.avi_000692025.jpg
Ax Men S01E03.avi_000697864.jpg
I know the outfit but i will not post the name.The operator walked away unharmed and so was the machine just some windows broken.

Last edited:

johnson

Ok thanks for the info,but how many outfits are there in Alaska:confused:,i use to think there was 3 but through all the information I received through Google,Manta and HEF I just lost count.

boardbysled

Ok thanks for the info,but how many outfits are there in Alaska:confused:,i use to think there was 3 but through all the information I received through Google,Manta and HEF I just lost count.

He works for an outfit called Evergreen Timber Company. From what he has told me they're mostly working in second growth on tribal and Forest Circus sales.

johnson

As long as they are logging it's all good,the way the greenies are up there I'm surprised they let them cut grass.There's plenty of second growth up there but all the big old growth's are going to waste and one day the old growth's are going be so rotten that they will just fall on the ground and won't be good for nothin' and that won't be that good for greenpiace (of s***) and those like them.

rayb

This was the bridge across the Bridge River at Goldbridge in the mid 80's. Its sort of Forestry related, as i think the Cat was Goldbridge (Small).JPGbuilding roads for Ainsworth or Evans Products at the time.

Birken Vogt

Charter Member
Any more story on this one? Was it the only bridge in/out of there? Would it have held if they unloaded and walked the Cat across? Why was it unsafe? And how did they recover this mess?

loggers son

Occupation
shovel logger operator
This one from today

P1140005_zpsbc0766fe.jpg

P1140004_zps35a7d230.jpg

P1140001_zps14239f64.jpg

mitch504

Boy I bet that woke up the operator when that stick fell over and jerked back toward him! Did you have to wire him bus fare from wherever he stopped running?

loggers son

Occupation
shovel logger operator
The man was too scared to even open the door ....haha... the end of the stick was suspended over the top of the cab.
He had a long wait while i tracked over to him with the shovel as well, and boy did i give him flack while he was in there

ps he's the guy standing on the ground in the 1st and 2nd shot, his name is moose :D

Last edited:

tugman

Occupation
Tug & Barge owner, operator
Hello Boys; I put this image up on another thread, about John Deere ex., but I can see you need it here. This is at Doc Creek, Burke Channel here on the BC coast. If you have not seen any of my other thread stuff, I own a tug & barge now, and move all this stuff. This fellow was loading at the time. A slide came down and took him about 200 feet down hill, and he was unhurt.672.JPG

tugman

Occupation
Tug & Barge owner, operator
Them Link Belts never were any good:)Quite sometime ago, I painted the edge rails on my barge ramp "fire engine red" for guys loading at night so they can better judge where they are at. I see a lot of other barges doing the same thing now. Not every one is used to going on and off that ramp. Actually I used to load logs with old Link Belt line machine.

I'd like to tell one of those "Why are you still here stories?" I have no pictures of this...thankfully. I was just discussing on another thread about Madill towers, some stories of Port McNeill. I'm not going to name the operator who did this . However when you think about this, you may ruin your fruit of the loomes. This was an 009, that I had run. At the time, I was woods handyman and I was rigging backspars for 2 sides. On this particular machine, we had the back spar all rigged and finished the road we were logging. The riggin' crew needed an extention before we hooked up the strawline. The chaser took the chokers out of the butt rigging and hooked the extention on and sent it out. I was in the landing helping to hookup as I had the back end all ready. The rigging crew unhooked so the engineer was running the rigging in dry. I got up on the running board to move the strawline out of the way as the loader was loading logs and I wanted to make sure he didn't grab the strawline while men were working with it. Now I'm listening to the V12 right on the max, and I'm thinking when he's getting close to the tree, he'll slack off. The engineer is watching me, and he ran the butt rigging right into the fairlead, and broke the mainline. It cme down beside me WACK! like some big anaconda, but never hit me. I just stood there shaking for a minute, then I went and got in my pickup and left.....into the Dalewood pub and got me a big glass of crown royal and water. It was in the afternoon, almost quiting time. After a bit, in comes the engineer and woods foreman and sat down. I just said, don't even say anything.........there's nothing you can say. Do you think there are angels amoung us? You bet there is.

skadill

Hi,really enjoying your pics and stories here.I'm thinking their is a 'Dennis' in your family too further south down here?I wonder if this boom photo is to this machine you posted.Taken last year-Squamish.DSCN2584 copy.jpg