• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Log books

watglen

Occupation
Farmer, drainage and excavating contractor, Farm d
I'm having a hard time locating a supplier of Equipment log books for the excavator, dozers etc.

Where do you get these?

In Ontario preferably...

Ken

Greg

Occupation
Excavating Contractor
I made my own with a spread sheet on computer. That allows me to put in hours and costs both on a daily basis.

watglen

Occupation
Farmer, drainage and excavating contractor, Farm d
Hey Greg,

Could i get a look at that? I just want to have an idea how its done in the industry.

Ken

gravelwasher

Occupation
mineral mining
I use an excel sheet for equipment log books. They have to be filled out and turned in daily and if it's not done they get paid minimum wage for that day. It only takes a few minutes a day to fill it out.

The one side ask stuff like operator, machine, start / end hours, start / end miles, fuel / oil they use, start / end fuel level, equipment issues, start / end day inspection, what they claim (work) they did, and I know it asks more. There are 3 sets for when they switch machines during the day.

The back side the log what they were doing and for how long. This helps to track down time so I can help fix the issues. Depending on what they are driving they also have to fill out the DOT logs and turn them in.

Most of the info gets logged into SQL. The info gets used for insurance, taxes, and everything else.