• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Loading rollers

Bill Haas

We are having problems loading steel drum paving rollers on beaver tail trailers. If the ramps are wet, the units just spin and end up sliding off. We have tried rubber and are looking at mounting winches to assist. Anyone have a trick they use or ideas???

Chaz Murray

We are having problems loading steel drum paving rollers on beaver tail trailers. If the ramps are wet, the units just spin and end up sliding off. We have tried rubber and are looking at mounting winches to assist. Anyone have a trick they use or ideas???

I dont know if you just laid down rubber sheets or had them bonded to the trailer some how...but we use this stuff welded down to the top of the folding beaver tails.
padlag001.jpg

They come in 6ft strips and the steel part is about 6" wide...so they wouuld just get cut to length then welded to the top of your trailer

dirt digger

Occupation
pushing dirt, baling hay, and hitting the books
what size rollers? We have a little double drum that we haul around with a 12K trailer with steel ramps...normally she will walk right up it, unless the ramps are wet or too steep

we have an old roll of that foam "egg crate" material that you put between your sheets and mattress on your bed...throw that down on top of the steel ramps and it gives the roller a lot of traction

Turbo21835

When ever we have had a problem loading something on a trailer we always throw oil dry down on the ramps. Seems to help a lot. Not sure if would help with a roller, but the price is right for a try

bigblueox

sometimes just some old tires cut up helps. i've loaded a 955 on a fixed tounge low boy like that. helps give some purchase.

Bob Horrell

Charter Member
Occupation
Owner/Operator grading business
Whenever I have loaded a roller on my equipment trailer, I just lay a piece of conveyor belt on the ramps and the roller goes right up.

hammerdwn20

Occupation
pipeline
we had the same problem with our roller at work and it got pretty scarey sometimes. we just got a trailer at an auction that we can use for the smaller equipment. another scarey one is loading the forklift on an equipment trailer! make sure that mast is all the way back on the way down too.

mettalgear

Occupation
Transport/Rollback Driver
Rollers! I run a rollback and a beavertail (rollback=wood deck Beavertail= all steel) when its wet all i can do for the rollback is winch and make sure to keep the cable on untill you unload! For the Beavertail old fire hoses seem to work the best i think because of the cloth covering.