• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Loading an ADT onto a lowloader

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
Not a question thats been asked yet :rolleyes: but heres the answer to how it got on there.

A couple of shots and a link to the video of loading a Volvo A25E ADT onto a lowloader UK style.

The trailer air suspension is dumped to lower the trailer, then two short ramps are flipped over. With the addition of two old truck wheel centres minus the tyres you just hit the pedal and go :D

Seriously it takes care and experience.

plant 040.jpg

plant 041.jpg

It takes less than a minute + chaining down :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKTGX8cFD50

cps

Occupation
plant mechanic
Yep Welsh style!

Cant belive im seeing that on here, i could'nt count of the amount of times i have loaded Trucks on to that very low loader!:D
Used to work for Walters in there yard in South Wales!

Where is that site Rob!

Last edited:

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
Where is that site Rob!

They had 2 ADT's, a PC210 and a cross hired Cat D6M stripping the topsoil for the new compound on the M1 at Jct 12.

Thats the first truck gone, the rest will be by the end of the week. Mainly only a load of "V" ditch to do thats all.

JDOFMEMI

Thats about the same way we load them here, but our trailer is lower in the rear, so no little ramps needed, just line up and go. The less fun ones are the older Cat and DJB's with the offset cab. That is the only machine I ever ran off the side of the trailer with. Hard to find center without a spotter on those.
We run mostly 40 tonners, so only a little less than half a tire actually on the deck.

stock

Occupation
We have moved on and now were lost....
That one of them new self loading ones must not have committed any violations yet to say they haven't been "transported yet" or sent to Van Demens Land.

oversize

Occupation
low loader driver
I load every thing over the rear how else are you meant to do it.....It is easier and quicker I can load a PC 300 in under half an hour

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
I load every thing over the rear how else are you meant to do it.....It is easier and quicker I can load a PC 300 in under half an hour

Very true if the trailer is designed for it.

The nooteboom low loader I pulled for a couple of years was not designed for it but had a hyd neck that was so easy to split it was criminal to not split it.

It was almost as quick and less damage to split the neck to load an excavator as it was to go over the side. Bearing in mind you are dropping the front of the bed onto the ground anyway and I am talking a 12'6" machine onto a standard 8'6" bed with outriggers, not a 13 tonner :D

oversize

Occupation
low loader driver
OK I know there where other ways It just seems so much easier doing the way we do here oh and my trailer does not need out rigger the deck opens from 2.5m( 8.20 ft) to 3.5 meters (11.48 ft) we have some in the fleet that the deck and the wheels move out about 4.8m wide