• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Linkbelt LS-4300 - Need picture of what fuses do.

Hi, I am working on a Linkbelt LS-4300 C Series-II.

Long story short I just need a picture of what the eight fuses in the fuse block behind the seat do, I have the schematic for this thing but the print is so bad that I can't make out what the fuses do.

The longer story is that this thing ran when parked but now after several months there is no voltage getting to the corner where all the hydraulic valves are and two fuses in the fuse panel keep blowing, the first fuse that blows in the second one down on the left, and the second fuse that blows is the second one down on the right.

Any help would be appreciated.

-Landon

OK, here goes...

- The second fuse down on the left runs a hydraulic valve (and probably some other things), there is a trio of valves bolted on the other side of the wall from the hydraulic tank, the two on the outside were 43 and 48 ohms but one in the middle was shorted at 0.7 ohms and was causing the fuse to blow, it performs some extra function and isn't needed for the basic operation of the machine so it was left disconnected and that fuse stopped blowing.

- The second fuse down on the right runs the stepper motor for the idle/RPM control for the engine, with the cable unplugged from the stepper motor there is still a 2.9 ohm short between the red and yellow wires which is enough to blow the fuse but if you flip the "Emergency Bypass Switch" on the control panel to the "ON" position this short goes up to 20.2 ohms and the fuse doesn't blow.

So with no fuses blowing the machine was fired up and the hydraulics all work now, but while troubleshooting the stepper motor I discovered that the alternator is putting out 35 volts instead of 28 volts, a local battery/alternator shop verified that the alternator was indeed bad and it wasn't just a faulty test and I have a new alternator for it now, repairs resume after Christmas.

Regarding leaving the "Emergency Bypass Switch" on the control panel to the "ON" position and the valve unplugged... this machine has one more tree to yank out of the ground and then it will be walking itself over to the bone yard to be decommissioned, it is not my decision but as long it it makes its final journey my job is done.

More info after Christmas...