• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Lincoln Grease Guns made in China: quality?

stock

Occupation
We have moved on and now were lost....
Last edited:

telescooper

I perfer the Alemite guns very good quality, puts about 10,000 PSI, easy bleeding even when it cold out. Made in the USofA:usa. They have been in business for quite some time they make good stuff. I don't know how much they cost, don't care either. Since the lincoln guns are now inferior pices of PROC junk... www.alemite.com
Telescooper

telescooper

Kingston
The 500 professional series are manufactured in the USA. The others are made in foreign lands. Mine is a 500 series, very good gun. I had several of them thru the years, but they have a habit of walking off.
Telescooper

Johnsoils

Site Sponsor
Alemite makes great product from what my customers tell me. The only Alemite product I currently own is their grease zerk buster. For those of you that have grease zerks that won't take grease you simply fill the zerk buster with your favorite penetrating oil, place it on the zerk, and tap the plunger with a hammer lightly. The plunger will force the thin penetrating oil into the zerk and frozen pin after a while and free it up. I've had some badly frozen/plugged zerks come in the shop on buses and trucks spring shackles. Some require a minute of tapping and then allowing the penetrate time to work (a couple minutes) then a little more tapping and pow! It all breaks free and flushes through. Works great on the rear emergency door hinges on buses too. I'll see what the model number is when I get out to the shop and can even post a photo. I picked it up a the Nebraska power farming show in December from a Alemite dealer. It cost around $45.00 at the show. I can give you his contact information if you want it, I have his card out in the shop. I'm thinking about having him ship me another one so I'll have it on hand for my customers if they want to buy one.

YoungOne

Just bought my 14.4 powerluber, I had it sent home, and then here to iraq with me. It's a good deal i think because the army will pay for the grease. And I can always use it at home!!

I will let you guys know how it does, and what I think.

-Michael-

joeeye59

Occupation
A Man with a Backhoe
Anybody ever buy one of them rechargeable battery powered or Air Grease guns from the Harbor Freight Store or through their mail Order? I see they have a few powered type...

Seen from $13.99 to $80.00, not sure if they are worthy for Industrial or even light use?

They have Chicago Electric, Central Pneumatic, I never heard of them, have you?

http://search.harborfreight.com/cpisearch/web/search.do?keyword=grease+gun&Submit=Go

Randy88

We use primarily Lincoln, the cheap ones at farm stores we threw away, my biggest problem is they grow legs and walk off, none of my kids will tell me which ones they like best because they keep quiet and hang onto them for themselves, I finally bought an air operated Lincoln two years ago and love it, hold the trigger and grease keeps pumping and that stays in my service truck, nobody else has air to run it from their toolbox on their machine!!!!! I wanted to get an air greaser with a 5 gallon pail likes in shops but to get the dirt proof and moisture proof one to put in my service truck was about $1500 plus dollars and I figured I could lose or break a lot of hand held air grease guns for that. My oldest boy did say he liked the lever gun from john deere but he does bleed green so take it for what its worth. Years ago we did buy an air gun from Harbor Freight or some such place, never had power and you had to pull the trigger with every pump of the gun, not like my lincoln, you can pump the whole tube out with one pull, some days we'll pump out a whole box of tubes at one service intervall depending on how many machines are there, gets old in a hurry thats why I wanted a five gallon pail air greaser, anybody have any experience with those, they call them a contractors grease pump, supposed to be dirt and moisture proof canister, are they and will they work in the cold weather, the electric ones will only do about two tubes per battery and have two batteries and are slow, tried them, didn't like them, the older ones wouldn't pump cold grease, kept stripping out a plastic gear but someone said they fixed that problem.

Randy88

Stock
Go ahead and laugh, this hurts my pride just thinking about it, I gotta the dumbest moron around not to understand how a greasegun works but very slowly explain how that grease gun works, are the tubes made of steel and reuseable, just fit the top on a conventional grease tube, do you have to refill them yourself, how does the plunger work, spring loaded or is it by suction, and do they work in cold weather, not sure where your at I didn't do very well in geography, I slept though those classes in school, I see their made in Germany. What pressure is 150-400 bars in psi. I'm gonna have to apoligize to my kids I've always told them if nothing else your still smart enough to run a grease gun.

mowzall

Proprietary cartridges/system (non standard for us)
1 bar = 14.5 psi
Stock won't laugh, if he does ask him why Irishmen have to label their wellys (rubber boots) L & R ;)

Randy88

Thanks for the reply, my wife and kids have been laughing all afternoon after they found out I asked the question of how a grease gun works, something about not being smart enough to run one, I guess what goes around comes around to bite me!!! Don't think I'll ever live that one down, the boot thing isn't funny mine have my name on them so I actually get mine before my kids take them and I expect by morning my will have a R&L on too.

stock

Occupation
We have moved on and now were lost....
Stock
Go ahead and laugh, this hurts my pride just thinking about it, I gotta the dumbest moron around not to understand how a greasegun works but very slowly explain how that grease gun works, are the tubes made of steel and reuseable, just fit the top on a conventional grease tube, do you have to refill them yourself, how does the plunger work, spring loaded or is it by suction, and do they work in cold weather, not sure where your at I didn't do very well in geography, I slept though those classes in school, I see their made in Germany. What pressure is 150-400 bars in psi. I'm gonna have to apoligize to my kids I've always told them if nothing else your still smart enough to run a grease gun.

Randy must admit had a bit of a laugh but if you click on the link and scroll down to the second page and look at the pictures it will explain it .http://www.fuchs-lubritech.com/cms/I...ressen_e-2.pdf -

Stock won't laugh, if he does ask him why Irishmen have to label their wellys (rubber boots) L & R

Nahh was very confused when they told to go in to the the toolstore ,and all I chould find was 3 shovels and they told me to take my pick , lost a couple of hours on that one ....

Stock

ps I mark me boots as c & d (as gailge)

Last edited:

Randy88

Thanks for the reply and not being too harsh, I got up this morning and sure enough my boots were marked DR&DL on the upper corner with this note attached, DR stands for Dads right and DL for Dads Left and neatly stuck in each one was a new tube of grease unopened with the writing on the outside, " This side up " with an arrow. Nobody is really fessing up to it weather its the wife or kids but on the seat of my pickup was a new grease gun with and arrow on it written with a marker and this note attached, "Line up arrows " " Anybody can run a grease gun " My guess is for the next 10 years I'm gonna get grease guns for christmas and grease tubes for my birthday, just gotta love family!!!! The upside maybe I won't have to hunt for a grease gun anymore.

special tool

Here is my new Lincoln 12 volt/6000 psi model.
My last one got dropped off a bucket that was raised 30 feet in the air and it landed (of course) on the only rock in 2 square miles of muddy clay.
I can't complain about it at all, though because my brother ran it over with a dump 5 years ago and it kept running. That thing was tough.

Only thing different about this one is the case doesn't have 2 spaces for spare tubes - maybe better because I carry a case of grease anyway. Can't do anything with only 3 tubes.

You guys can probably tell from this picture that my wife is not currently home.:drinkup

Attachments

• Picture.jpg
    Picture.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 730

special tool

Is that grease or grape jelly for the crackers.:D

That's the pre-lube they pack them with at the factory.
That, right there, is a virgin gun - or it WAS yesterday.

They must have fixed the lock problem, because this one doesn't have any problems - its pretty nice.

jprt

Zee Line Cirdless grease gun

Has anyone used the Zee Line cordless grease gun?