1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

lightest tandem

Discussion in 'Trucks' started by gwhammy, Aug 31, 2021.

1. gwhammy

gwhammy Senior Member

What's the lightest you can get a tandem? Say 8.3 cummins and maybe a single axle with an air tag. Maybe even an gas tandem chevy. Just wondering if I can get down to a legal weight without buying over weight permits. My trailer is around 12,000. Pipe dream I'm sure.

2. Truck Shop

Truck Shop Senior Member

star gazer
    It will be a hard push to get under 12,000 with anything that has power. Maybe a C12.

3. NepeanGC

NepeanGC Well-Known Member

#dirtherder
    Not sure how you could get it that light and have it be durable. My Volvo with a light weight dump box weighs 23,000. My old International single axle was just over 12k empty, and it was a super short single frame.