• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Lift cylinder ball joints Deere 872D

still learn'n

Is there a way to tighten up the ball joints on the lift cylinder rods and the cross cylinder? Can they be machined rather then spending $10,000 to get new parts?

cuttin edge

Occupation
Finish grader operator
Not sure about the Deere, but depending on how worn they are some machines have shims you can remove between the Piston and the end cap. When they traded my old champion, they machined a bit off the end caps

still learn'n

We have taken most of the shims oro and still is loose. So was wondering if there was other options

ovrszd

Occupation
Retired Army
How many hours are on this machine? Curious what the lifespan is of these balls.

cuttin edge

Occupation
Finish grader operator
It amazes me sometimes how expensive some of this stuff can be. My Volvo needs a new set of durmide or fancy plastic bushings where the quadrands fasten to the slide and tilt bar on the mold board. I can get a couple of summers out of them, but they are $600 bucks. Not a lot of money in the big picture, but I could hang them both off my baby finger.