• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Liebherr LTM1160-2

Evans

Hello everyone, I have a headache, 2 boom sections are out at 46 46 they developed a malfunction. , the booms are refusing to boom in. The ram which drives the booms is just making slight movement on the computer screen but not picking up boom .1&2 booms. .all other functions are working well except boom in . The ram is at the top with the boom showing slight movement but booms not moving. Your assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Evans

Now i want to get out of this job site , is there a way I can bypass the system to get these booms in . I am also suspecting the locking & unlocking pins that locks the boom.

crane operator

Liebherr tech support is the best solution, they will walk you through emergency/ manual retract in the computer. If you aren't careful in manual mode you can really mess things up.

It is possible in that configuration to use another crane lifting the tip, to retract the cylinder, and pull the top covers and retract the locking pins one at a time manually, and use the second crane to let the sections down. But you better be sure you know what you're doing, or its going to get expensive or hurt someone.

Cranepedia

Occupation
Owner
Evans, it could be the lock pin or the spring. Lock pins could be "mushroom" because of frequent hard pinning or the spring has loses its flexibility..