• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Liebherr LR 13000

muzy

Surfen around found this, thought I would share as I have not seen it posted here.

We now have more details on the Liebherr LR 13000 which lifted a test load of 3,371 tonnes at the end of November – the heaviest load ever been lifted by a Liebherr crane. The crane was fitted with a 60 metre main boom, a 54 metre derrick boom, 400 tonnes of superstructure ballast and 1,500 tonnes of suspended ballast. An even heavier lift is planned for early next year. For this the LR 13000 will be equipped with a new type of heavy-lift boom, which Liebherr has dubbed the P-boom or ‘Power boom’. With this system, Liebherr says the new crane should be able to lift 3,750 tonnes. Over the next few weeks the assembly and testing of a 120 metre main boom will be carried out. Liebherr – which claims the LR 13000 is the most powerful conventional design crawler crane in the world – is aiming the LR 13000 at the power station construction sector where the lifting of extremely heavy individual items is essential. In refineries there is also an increasing demand for industrial columns weighing 1,500 tonnes and with lengths of 100 metres to be erected. For any large capacity crane one of the major considerations is economical transportation. The LR 13000 has no single component weighing more than 70 tonnes transport weight. The concrete counterweight slabs weigh 25 tonnes and have the same dimensions as a 20-foot container and can be lifted and loaded with a spreader and Twistlock locking system.

Source:

http://www.vertikal.net/en/news/story/11309/

Attachments

• 13000.jpg
    13000.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 1,589
Last edited:

Tiny

Boss was looking at a machine somewhat like that . He asked what I thought about a machine that size.Told him if he buys that ....I quit

D5G

ahh cheer up Tiny, it would only be a couple hundred loads! That is one amazing crane....

BigIron25

Boss was looking at a machine somewhat like that . He asked what I thought about a machine that size.Told him if he buys that ....I quit

haha a couple hundred overweight loads... if your company is like any other crane company... haha