1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Level Best Para Level

Discussion in 'Compact Equipment Attachments' started by Jfarris, Jun 20, 2015.

1. Jfarris

Jfarris Well-Known Member

Well I've been waiting patiently to find a used one, but have decided to just purchase new. Does anyone have a dealer suggestion that would sell for a better price than retail? Wanting to purchase now...

2. Bliz

Bliz Well-Known Member

Excavator/Logger
    Jfarris, What are you getting for prices? Are you looking at the single mast or dual mast? My quote I received from a dealer was $28,130.00 for a dual mast, Trimble control box and receivers, installation and basic training.

3. Jfarris

I'm getting $150/HR operated for Cat 289D, 84" Level-Best with Topcon Machine Control.

4. Bliz

Bliz Well-Known Member

Excavator/Logger
    Seems like a very good rate. What prices are you finding to actually purchase a level best unit with the receivers, etc.?

5. Jfarris

I already had most of the Topcon equipment I needed. I found a used Level-Best after searching for over a year. With the purchase of the box and the additional machine control equipment I have about $25K in it.

If your patient on the investment return, it will make you money.

6. Bliz

Bliz Well-Known Member

Excavator/Logger
    Thanks for the info. We have bid a large design/build drainage system for a sports field and if we get it I plan on buying a dual mast system.

7. Jfarris

Not sure if the investment would pay for itself in the one project, but depending on how you would normally grade the site, it should almost double your daily production. Definitely go with the dual grade though.

8. grandpa

grandpa Senior Member

I got a quote day b4 yesterday.... was within nickels of your price Bliz.

9. Bliz

Bliz Well-Known Member

Excavator/Logger
    Granpa,

Thanks for the info. Also, I appreciate all the good advice and info you post on the screen section. Are you anywhere near Aurora, MN. Froze my butt off up there once.

10. grandpa

grandpa Senior Member

No... I live right where the Mississippi river starts its flow south. It has been known to freeze here a time or two too>:D

11. Jfarris

If anyone is looking for a Level Best attachment I've grown out of mine. It's setup with a Topcon junction box/slope sensor already mounted. It's in excellent condition. Email for inquiries FarrisGrading@aol.com