• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Lets see your "ultimate" service truck!

Colorado Digger

I am not trying to compete, but here is my new Lube Truck. AutoCar/Volvo with a series 60 detroit and an automatic Allison. She needs a bunch of work, but it fits my style.

Regards, CD

Terrascape equipment  (1).jpg
5,000 gallons plus about 1500 gallons of various lubricants/coolant plus 2 x 1,000 pound grease tanks.

WColtharp

I am not trying to compete, but here is my new Lube Truck. AutoCar/Volvo with a series 60 detroit and an automatic Allison. She needs a bunch of work, but it fits my style.

Regards, CD

View attachment 121148

CD, I think you found yourself a good looking truck. Will it mostly stay on one site at a time or will you have a driver with hazmat endorsement and mobilize fuel/lube daily/as needed? I love the look of those older Autocar's. Were you in the market for a fuel truck that was an automatic or was that just what the truck you found had? Do you have any closer pictures?

Colorado Digger

I have a few days off so I will get some better fotos. The truck will mostly stay on one site. I was not in the market but no one was very interested in it at the auction so I got involved and ended up with it, along with some other knick knacks.

clintm

Occupation
trucking,concrete recycling,grading, demolition
not another auction project I've got a few of those projects (?,???)It's amazing how many ideas and uses that we can come up with a an auction :idea:idea just go home and tell the wife it was on sale thats what they tell us right

skidsteer.ca

Occupation
Contractor
Update from page 18

Attachments

• IMG_1665.jpg
    IMG_1665.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 2,749
  • IMG_1666.jpg
    IMG_1666.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 2,738
  • IMG_1497.jpg
    IMG_1497.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 2,745
  • IMG_1498.jpg
    IMG_1498.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 2,734
  • IMG_1501.jpg
    IMG_1501.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 2,739
Last edited:

skidsteer.ca

Occupation
Contractor
http://i406.photobucket.com/albums/... Service Truck Build/IMG_1562_zpsc0e6b1bb.jpg
http://i406.photobucket.com/albums/... Service Truck Build/IMG_1663_zps3b5d1e45.jpg
http://i406.photobucket.com/albums/... Service Truck Build/IMG_1661_zps9fa8bc6a.jpg
My apologies for the lighting in the shop, flouresent and metal halide seem to hate the camera

Here is a few more. I need some lessons on editing photos here, though I could re-order them after posting but have not figured that one out. There are several more in the photo bucket album.

I'm looking for ways to brace up under the rear work bench and support my hitch. Without layering steel flat on flat, as things tend to rust badly up here.

Also I have a Eaton PV12 piston pump that ran the bucket, its 12 gpm at 1500 rpm and flow controlled, (with options to pressure control available) but the Altec supplied valves for the winch and outriggers are all open center power beyond type. My crane is open center 6gpm max and not p b. Just wondering if should be ok to plumb it in after my outriggers. (my last power beyond in series as the truck is plumbed now.
Also have a adjustable flow devider valve to reduce the gpm to 6. But since I can't get the pto ratio running the pump, I'm going to have put the devider in and up the adjust as needed.
I was going to put that in upsteam of the outrigger valves, (after the winch). Muncie says my pto ratios are likely .96% or maybe 125% engine rpm. I'm hoping at have enough flow on the other side of the devider to run a hyd compressor, Or I can increase flow with a pto ratio change as I can run the pump up to 3000 rpm and 24 gpm.
Anyone think I should configure this differently? Why?

Last edited:

Mobiltech

Occupation
Self employed Heavy duty mechanic
IMG_20150213_170428.jpgit's always good to have a backup plan