• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Lets see your "ultimate" service truck!

tonka

Occupation
Equipment Operator
Good looking 379 JF why the oversize load sign, were you pulling somthing with it?

JensenFarms

379 EXHD 500 cat

Thanks..I didn't have much of a night life when I was building it.
We havent pulled a combine with it, not sure we could scale the weight. But we pull double head movers, large campers and if a grain truck goes down we could pull a 28ft grain hopper on a dolly if needed. What I thought was if your going to own a 2 ton truck, why not just go twin screw and hold more wieght and be able to pull heavy equipment. The old service truck couldn't pull anything or hold enough fuel. Put new brakes on old truck everyother year.

Contract Logger

Occupation
Equipment Broker
An Alaskan Contractor- who loves KW C-500's and uses them for every possible application- including 2 as service trucks.

Attachments

• 100_1797.jpg
    100_1797.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 11,080
  • 214 Fuel.jpg
    214 Fuel.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 10,938
  • IMGP3081.jpg
    IMGP3081.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 10,893
  • IMGP9013.jpg
    IMGP9013.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 11,184
  • Trk 75 -Feb 2008.jpg
    Trk 75 -Feb 2008.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 11,038

EGS

Occupation
Local 139 operator
Jeez 'Logger it looks like you could drive that service truck thru the middle of the woods and it wouldn't get hurt. Those are some serious trucks you don't see anything like that around here.

Contract Logger

Occupation
Equipment Broker
Trouble is, most of them are 9' wide, and probably overweight too! They are tough as nails, but would never fly down south where the troopers roam...........LOL.

JensenFarms

More pics

couple pics

Attachments

• CIMG1186.jpg
    CIMG1186.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 8,759
  • DSC00405.jpg
    DSC00405.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 9,465

Ace

I think I've seen that Jensen Truck out on the road, where all do you guys cut at? I've worked for a custom crew for the past three summers now. Sykora Harvesting from Beardsley, MN if you've heard of them. We had 2 F-350's we used but it sure would've been nice to have a bigger truck like that. We had to have several other pick ups or make a few trips to town to get enough fuel everyday. We dont need alot of tools because all the combines are all new and under warranty so if anything major happens we dont have to mess with it anyway, we just call Deere and they take care of it. They are getting so complicated anymore that you can do much more than change the oil without a laptop anyway!

Attachments

• Harvest 2009 256.jpg
    Harvest 2009 256.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 8,659
  • Harvest 2009 018.jpg
    Harvest 2009 018.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 8,611
  • Harvest 2009 254.jpg
    Harvest 2009 254.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 8,641

DirtySouthTruck

Occupation
Truck driver
I started this thread a while ago, and I keep looking, but still have no pics of my service trucks from over the years. Gonna turn my pick into a mini service truck soon. Removed the busted tool box, gonna get a Roll-N-Lock cover, and a small tool box. Then a $150 mini 1000W generator and a 150psi air compressor and hose to run some tools. Basically be able to change tires on my truck and trailers with out killing my self while on the road.

Ace

Get yourself a wheelbarrow style air compressor like on the trucks in the pics I posted, I dont know how I did anything before I had one. It seems like we use them everyday. We got 2 of them at work and I've got one on my personal truck. I've run a 1/2" impact and aired up 24.5 truck tires, you gotta remember you dont have 100 cfm behind you but they will do the job. To add a little more capacity we plumbed one into a old truck air tank and mounted it up under the frame out of the way. You dont have any more pressure but the extra capacity helps alot. I'm also a big fan of the honda motors, mine always starts within the first few pulls everytime and is very dependable.

DirtySouthTruck

Occupation
Truck driver
I want the gen to be able to run electric tools and lights and other stuff also or I would get a simple gas air compressor.

90plow

Is there alot of money to be made in custom cutting? It looks like you guys have alot of high dollar equipment tied into it. Love that pete that thing is awesome.

JensenFarms

Is there alot of money to be made in custom cutting? It looks like you guys have alot of high dollar equipment tied into it. Love that pete that thing is awesome.

Just custom cutting can make ok money if the WEATHER don't screw it up, which happens often. Our main work is our own farm and custom cutting usually just helps keep equipment up for the farm.

JensenFarms

I think I've seen that Jensen Truck out on the road, where all do you guys cut at? I've worked for a custom crew for the past three summers now. Sykora Harvesting from Beardsley, MN if you've heard of them. We had 2 F-350's we used but it sure would've been nice to have a bigger truck like that. We had to have several other pick ups or make a few trips to town to get enough fuel everyday. We dont need alot of tools because all the combines are all new and under warranty so if anything major happens we dont have to mess with it anyway, we just call Deere and they take care of it. They are getting so complicated anymore that you can do much more than change the oil without a laptop anyway!

Oh I know what your saying about making many trips to fuel up. Usually would have to make a trip at midnight than a couple in the morning. Somtimes when we split up machines I still have to do it with a pickup.

We harvest in Caldwell, Bennington, Birdcity KS. Bigsprings NE. Martin, Mcintosh SD. And close to Bismarck. Then we head back to Iowa for our crops.

I think I have herd of you guys. But don't remember any time seeing your equipment. But I barley remember my own birthday most times.

Ryan

Last edited:

Ace

Yes and No, Some years can be really good while others can almost break you. Kinda why I'm glad I just operate the equipment instead of pay for it. I know a few guys went under a couple years ago when fuel was over $4 a gallon and they had trouble finding work. We cut for the same guys every year and many of them have been customers for 20+ years so theres a little security there but you just cant depend on anything its always a gamble. Two years ago in Oklahoma we had an amazing crop 50+ bushel wheat and picked up alot of extra work, cut nearly 8000 acres there and then this year they got hailed out and had a frost at the wrong time and we barely cut 3000 acres and averaged about 20 bushel/acre. There is alot of money tied up in equipment! We run 6 combines and at 300,000 each it seems like alot but we re trading them off every year so really your only paying what they depreciate which is like 40 or 50k a machine. They are definitely a large expense but you dont wanna forget about all the supporting equipment, Trucks, trailers, fuel, employee room and board, wages, insurance, permits, etc....... The list goes on and on.

I knew I'd seen that Jensen truck somewhere, it kinda catches your eye. We cut around Rocky, OK, Rush Center and Atwood, KS, Onida, SD, Donnnybrook, ND and finish up on their home farm in Beardsley, MN. I'm sure we ve crossed paths somewhere and I'll probably see ya again.

Ace

I want the gen to be able to run electric tools and lights and other stuff also or I would get a simple gas air compressor.

If you wanna run any electric tools your gonna need more than a 1000w generator. A friend of mine got a 1200w gen to help build a barn where he didnt have power yet and it wouldnt run a circular saw or a drill. We ended up borrowing one and just using his to run one work light and a dewalt battery charger and that was about all it wanted.

RobVG

Occupation
17 excavators and a stewpot of other stuff
2007 Fuso FG140

It's funny looking, and rides like a buckboard but it's a 4x4, turns on a dime, and has AC. Sure beats our old 1990 F450. Never knew if I was going to make it to the jobsite without breaking down myself.

The last pic is for a couple of old buzzards. ;) (3rd try)

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 8,195
  • back.jpg
    back.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 8,163
  • weld.jpg
    weld.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 8,156